Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2005 Sport Trac Won't Fire

I have a 05 Sport Trac and I am chasing a problem. I have gone through a list of codes on the code reader that come up each time I replace something. It started when it was not idling well and then ultimately just stopped. I replaced the fuel filter because it was turning over and the pump...
  2. M

1998 Mountaineer Won't Start

There is power going to the starter so I am trying to get the starter out and replace it but now the damn top bolt of the two starter bolts stripped off and i'm trying to figure out how the hell to get that out...
  3. M

Ya the click is for sure coming from that block attached to the inner fender well. But it's only one loud click and then nothing if you keep holding the key. I haven't looked at the lights yet. I will try that when I get home from work. I'll take the block apart attached to the fender and clean...
  4. M

Ya I hit it a few times with the hammer and it did the samething as before with the one loud click. I did not hit it very hard though. Do you hit it pretty hard or not?
  5. M

I checked all the cables and cleaned them all with a battery terminal brush and still nothing just one loud click when I turn the key over. The click is coming from the (what I think is) the ground located on the inner fender on the drivers side right by the ABS and battery. I tried jumping it...
  6. M

My 5.0L awd Mountaineer won't start. I was at work, drove home and then later that night when I went back out it will not start. The only thing it is doing is when you turn the key it make one loud click coming from right inside the engine bay area in front of the drivers seat. Is it a bad starter?
  7. M

05 Sport Trac brake problem

Well now I went out and messed with it some more. It unlocks when I go in reverse and stays that way until I put it in drive and as I am moving forward I hit the brakes and than it locks up again and won't release until I put it in reverse and drive backward again. I will check the brake line...
  8. M

05 Sport Trac brake problem

Hello, I have an 05 Sport Trac with a serious brake problem. My front passanger side caliper is locked up onto the rotor and won't release. The real problem is it just did that and I bought and replaced the caliper with a new one two weeks ago. When I changed it out last time I also replaced the...
  9. M

Clunk coming from front of 98 Mountaineer

I have a stock 98 Mountaineer that has a clunk that starts when turning and as I accelerate it gets louder and more frequent until about 15mph and then it "stops." I replaced the front driveshaft last fall. It does not seem to affect the power or hinder the motion. Could it maybe be the axle?
  10. M

Center Counsel Travel Fuel Level Display not working

Hello, I have a 1998 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0AWD. The other day my center counsel travel fuel display stopped working. It lights up and shows numbers like the fuel level at start up but then as I drive everything else (distance traveled, fuel used, gallons left, etc...) still says 0.0 and the...
  11. M

Bolt Size on the Mountaineer Front Driveshaft

Got the drive shaft changed. The hex were size 6mm. Thank you for your help!
  12. M

This is a picture of my bolts. An 8mm 12 point does not work on mine. Here are some pictures of mine.
  13. M

the size or the tool used to take the bolts out of this end.
  14. M

98 Mountaineer Front Wheel Well problem

I took it into the dealership in the mean time because my camera broke with the pictures on it. They told me it was the driveshaft and it needs to be replaced now I am at a standstill with that and put on a new post about the bolts here http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268337
  15. M

Hello, I am replacing the front driveshaft on my 98 Mountaineer and I am having trouble getting the right tool for the driveshaft bolts on the rear side of the front driveshaft. They are the bolts where that require a hex head sort to go into them and turn. Does anyone know the size needed and...
  16. M

I took the pictures but I am not sure how to post them to the forum.
  17. M

I was driving about 30mph yesterday when a loud almost a ticking noise started coming from my front left wheel well. As I slowed down the noise would get louder but have more time in between ticks. The sound frequency kinda would be like when you put cards in your tires on your bike. It is quite...
  18. M

Hey just joined the forum. I bought a mountaineer last year and have been having some issues and this play looks like a great place for help and information!
Back