Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

No dash lights & still no start after new starter installed

Hi. Need some electrical expertise. My pop-in-law has a problem with his 98 4.0L SOHC Explorer w/ AT. On Tues, the starter dragged a couple of times, then later it wouldn't turn over at all, no clicking or anything. Battery is practically new, but pulled it & had Adv Auto check it & was good...
  2. M

Installing used transmission question

Haynes manual says to mark the relationship of the torque converter to the Drive plate, but that's for if I was gonna reinstall the same transmission. so how do I go about getting the torque converter's position correct on the drive plate with the used trannie I'm going to install?
  3. M

'02 Mountie "O/D off" light goin' flashy flashy

2002 Mountaineer, 4.0L V6, currently 176k miles (1 owner) Auto Tranny history: - At 80k or 90k miles: I had Big10 change fluid cuz owner’s manual said to. I don’t remember if they changed the filter or not (not 100% sure they changed anything really) - At approx. 160k miles: Had Fluid &...
  4. M

Suspension vibration at 70

I had 70 mph vibe, seemed to start after putting new Hankook tires on. I also knew front balljoints and inner and outer tie rod ends were bad, so I replaced them myself. Vibe still there, but then I thought it would be fixed after figuring out one of the tires was out of round. Disc. Tire...
  5. M

An example for poor Ford quality/robustness

So, I'm doing an R&R on my '94 Mazda B3000's clutch master cylinder. When I get to what should be the easiest part of removal, loosening the 2 screws that hold the MC to the firewall, using a 3/8" drive ratchet with a 10 mm socket, I loosen the outer one...it took a little bit of effort but I...
  6. M

Coolant puddled on back left of valley pan

Currently doing a valve cover gasket change on wife's '02 Mountie w/ 169k. After removing the intake manifold, found engine coolant in a round shallow recess in the casting in the valley pan area right next to the head. It's at the back driver's side. The location looks to me like it might be...
  7. M

HELP P0152 and P1152

My mountie was running rough and the Svc Engine Soon light would flash but not all the time. Flashing SES means CATs could become damaged (since raw fuel can damage them) if continue to drive it. Scan indicated P0305 and P0306 (cyl 5 & 6 misfire) codes which could cause the flashing CEL if fuel...
  8. M

'02 Mountaineer 4.0L V6 - P0305 & P0306

Vehicle info: Approx. 170k miles, new NGK spark plugs and MC wires as of about 3 mos ago, & current coil pack (from Adv Auto?) about 20k miles old. Problem log: drove a 10-min drive after a cold start with no issue (Christmas night, I think). It then sat about 5 minutes, then cranked up and...
  9. M

1st Gen Recirc actuator/door problem

I have a '94 Mazda B3000 that has a setup identical to the pics posted in this thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2531374#post2531374. My recirc motor actuator is not moving at all no matter where I slide the control lever. A couple of days ago when I suspected a...
  10. M

2 occasions of alternator overcharging battery

I've had 2 occasions where my voltmeter on the dash starting indicating a high voltage condition and my info center started beeping and saying check charging system. Both times I didn't have a voltmeter to check the voltage at the battery to confirm the reading, but the problem went away after...
Back