Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

How to: RLC winch mount bumper install (PIC heavy)

After getting completely screwed by Tactical Armor Group :shoot: for bumpers I contacted James from RLC. He was an absolute pleasure to deal with and answered all of my questions shortly after I would ask them. He's definitely going to be who I send friends to and who I'm going to be getting my...
  2. G

explorer sport pics

Yes I did, I technically went through two sets of corners, Thankfully the lenses I wanted to use weren't the ones I melted. I think I threw them in the oven at 250 but kept a super close eye on them, especially after I melted the one lens. The corners were actually easier for me to get apart...
  3. G

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

oh man, I gotta use my imagination?
  4. G

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

Dang, Almost a full year since anyone's posted in this thread. Good to see someone's still alive and kicking
  5. G

How To: Paint your headlights black

check that s**t out! and it's the first one to pop up, too http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2005-Ford-Explorer-4Dr-Black-Headlights-Clear-Reflector-Corner-Signal-Light-/291368207372?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AExplorer&hash=item43d6e6040c&vxp=mtr And you can see where...
  6. G

explorer sport pics

I used all VHT engine paint. Looking back, I should have used adhesion promoter because the paint chips super easy. I started by sanding back all the chrome in the headlights, then just went ham on primer and paint. Pacing myself because I wanted this to last a long time. Did like 3 or 4 primer...
  7. G

explorer sport pics

sounds like a plan. Gonna look real good when it's done
  8. G

explorer sport pics

specifically, these guys: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261519225102?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  9. G

How To: Paint your headlights black

If you're going through all the effort to bake them apart, I'd say go for the paint instead. Yeah, the plasti is reverseable, but that would involve baking them again to remove it. Commit. Paint.
  10. G

explorer sport pics

Thanks, they've taken forever. I just want them in!
  11. G

explorer sport pics

Before and After
  12. G

explorer sport pics

Might help if I posted some progress pictures here, instead of just on instagram (@the_carticus). Progress is going slow, but I'm almost done with them. I did the housings in flat black with satin clear and the shrouds in flat OD green with the same sating clear.
  13. G

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

Jesus Christ man! Remind me to stay behind you on trails
  14. G

explorer sport pics

Here's the bigger of the two halo: and here's a rough idea of the finished project minus the paint:
  15. G

explorer sport pics

EBay, man. I'll try and get a couple pics up later
  16. G

explorer sport pics

I'll post a couple pics later. I spent 120 on the projectors themselves and they came with new hid bulbs. They're double halo. Nasty looking things.
  17. G

explorer sport pics

At least I'm not the only one going for a retrofit this winter. I'm about a quarter of the way into mine. And just finishedmy projector fog project
  18. G

explorer sport pics

I think that is a bit of an understatement hah
  19. G

explorer sport pics

Is that what that color is called? It's gorgeous!
  20. G

explorer sport pics

I was wondering the same thing. The color of the first was absolutely amazing. Pictures really do it no justice. And the interior was so meticulously hand laid with rhinestones, even the steering wheel. Driver didn't speak much English, so we didn't talk for very long. The 01-03 was nice...
  21. G

explorer sport pics

Went to the Seaside Off-Road and Truck Show yesterday. Ran into two other Xs and the only other 01-03 I saw
  22. G

explorer sport pics

I like those wheels, Sybarber. They're a little large for my taste, but I really like their style
  23. G

explorer sport pics

wish it could be the bolt-on look. but fender flares is fender flares
  24. G

explorer sport pics

does egr actually make flares for the 01-03 sports? or are those for something else that just happens to fit us?
  25. G

explorer sport pics

I'll have to look into it. They're the one thing that I just can't quite track down easily, without spending a fortune
Back