Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Brake TSB - want new rotors

Thanks for the opinions everyone. After thinking more about this, I decided to take the extended warranty. I verified that it does cover the entire brake system, which is nice. Both my dealership (Tousley Ford in White Bear Lake, MN) and the Customer Service Rep were great to deal with...
  2. 0

I wasn't implying there was damage done by the squeaky brake pads, the damage/wear I was referring to was from the rotors being machined when they replaced the pads. The service manager at the dealership told me that because of the focus on MPG, they make these rotors quite thin, and he thought...
  3. 0

Thanks for your reply Peter, I understand that the dealer was just following the TSB, and don't fault them at all. In fact, they have been great to work with. The issue I have is that I will now most likely have to replace my rotors the next time I need front brakes. Had the machining not...
  4. 0

I thought I'd share my experience so far on this issue that a lot of us have had. I had the squeeky brake TSB performed, and complained that my rotors were machined as a part of the fix, thereby reducing their usable life. The dealer wouldn't do anything about it without approval from Ford...
  5. 0

Aftermarket Crossbars / Roof Racks

I just installed mine yesterday, and at first, I didn't think they were going to fit either. Within a minute or so, I realized I wasn't doing it right. The mounting pieces that slide into the roof rail channel don't go completely inside of the channel, they go half-in, half-out. Once those...
  6. 0

Emergency hazard flashers on a 2011 Ford Explorer.

I thought my eject button on the CD player and the hazard button were faulty at first. They only seemed to work sporadically or if I pressed extra hard. What I've found that works consistently is to hold your finger on the button for a little bit (maybe a 1/2 second or so). This must be as...
  7. 0

Husky 3rd row / 2nd console update

So it sounds like the new 2nd row and the 3rd row are being designed to meet each other under the bench seat? What does that mean for people who have the current design 2nd row and plan on ordering the new 3rd row mat? Will they fit together nicely? I just ordered the 1st-2nd rows a couple...
  8. 0

2wd ok?

I live in Minnesota, and just made it through one of the snowiest winters in history with my '02 Explorer's 4wd not working - RWD only. I didn't have any problems at all. Our other vehicle is a Honda Accord, and it was fine too. It depends on where you live (does the city keep up with...
  9. 0

Can an order be changed?

There was another post that had a link to details of the Ford order process and statuses. I think what it said was that you cannot change trim levels on an order at any time - you'd need to re-order. However, you can change options/packages up until your status is 'locked', which happens close...
  10. 0

4WD lights work as expected, but no 4WD

I took the switch motor off, and it was turning as expected when shifting to low. I hooked that back up, and got all 4 wheels off the ground (ramps and jackstands). I tried 4x4 high and low, and the front wheels actually did turn a bit, but slowly and without much power. This was almost a...
  11. 0

4WD lights work as expected, but no 4WD

Hello, I've been reading a bunch of posts on 4WD problems, but I still need a little guidance. I've got a 2002 Explorer Eddie Bauer. When I start it, everything seems normal. The low and high lights both come on, and then go out without flashing or acting strange. As far as the lights are...
Back