Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

#20 Fuse Keeps Blowing

I have a 2003 mercury mountaineer and I'm having the same issue. I found the source of the short but cant seem to fix it. its the wiring for the power seats. the switch that moves the seat back and forth. It rubs against the frame of the seat causing the coating around the wires to wear off and...
  2. F

Cruise control steering wheel switch replacement

I ordered mine off of amazon. heres the link. cheapest price too. the dealer wants over $300 http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-SW6003-Cruise-Control-Switch/dp/B000C5HU7Y
  3. F

Question about Mounty front end

Chris I did have u added at one point. U must of deleted me. So on the headlight issue. to I have to bake em to get them apart? I have the paint already! I didnt mind changing the whole front end. I was just wondering if its a straight bolt on
  4. F

Question about Mounty front end

I have a 03 Mounty and am wondering if I can swap the front end from a 03 explorer? The reason behind this is the head lights. The HID's arent the greastest due to the cap on the back of the headlight. Its really a wierd design plus I can't get anything aftermarket for headlights. smoked. Theres...
  5. F

ford explorer swap on mercury mountaineer

I have a 03 Mounty and am wondering if I can swap the front end from a 03 for explorer? The reason behind this is the head lights. The HID's arent the greastest due to the cap on the back of the headlight. Its really a wierd design plus I can get anything aftermarket for headlights. smoked...
  6. F

Questions about TB

Yeah I was searching through the forums earlier and found out about the sct progs. I called james earlier now im just waiting on the cash! I'm pretty damn excited that there are some things I can do with the mounty! I don't know if I should get the CAI, Exhaust and TB first then the prog or...
  7. F

Headlights turn on w/ key and stay on

I noticed when I washed my motor I got a little water on the relay. I blew it out and sure enough there was water in it. lights turned off after that. maybe thats why they went off after a few days. the water dried. IDK just putting my 2 cents in!
  8. F

Questions about TB

So I have a 2003 Mounty 4.6l and I'm trying to get more performance out of it. I was looking at a new TB but When I called bbk they said It might throw the check engine light. heres the link to the tb. http://www.americanmuscle.com/bbk-78mm-throttle-intake.html Where can I get a chip for...
  9. F

03 Mountaineer Tail Light Help

yeah i actually just kept the ones i bought an am going to fab a new bumper piece to fit in the gap...heres a pic of what it looks like Sorry its so far away was takin a pic after goin muddin in the rain...but if u look close u can see the gap....in a few weeks the gap will be gone :)
  10. F

Wow I have no clue this is the firtst I've heard of it...I sure hope thats not the case...We just got ours and I would be pissed if something went wrong with it...but we did get a full check up and everything looks ok so far...u might want to search through the threads and see what people have...
  11. F

Off Subject...I gotta tell someone lol...We live right near the beach and theres trails that my friends go muddin...Decided to take the mounty out for a test drive...keep in mind stock rims with all terrain tires...went through 4 ft of water and mud....water was up to the handles....made it...
  12. F

Well I put them in and theres the gap but i was thinking of using a piece of rubber then later on fiberglassin and bondo the bumper so it looks stock...
  13. F

thank you for replying. So a ford bumper will actually fit on the mounty?
  14. F

first I'm sorry if i put this is the wrong forum. Ok so I bought new LED tail lights for my rig and for some reason there is an inch gap on the bottom. here are the tail lights that I bought. http://store.racer-union.com/Tail-lights/Ford/Explorer/2002-2005-MERCURY-MOUNTAINEER-p7794876.html Im...
Back