Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 6

Hands-free foot-activated liftgate. Is it an option or is it standard ?

Well, I've finally made it up here and have had a good look underneath. I see no sensors what-so-ever; not even where they mite be located. In reading, I think the package was downgraded to eliminate the actuation for 2018! It seems to be listed on the 17s. It is the XLT something something...
  2. 6

Block Heater

Now, where is the best place to run the block heater cord to the outside? Thanx for yours help.
  3. 6

Thank you very much fellas! Now I have something to go on. It was brand new to her and she thought she was getting the feature but it's not working. I'll see it again eventually and get it sorted out. Thanx again
  4. 6

Am I correct in thinking that if my Mom's 2018 has all the remote start and key-free start /stop engine, unlock and locking features with the "smart" key, it may not have the foot activated power lift gate?. I was thinking it did. She can't get it to work if it's there and I'm 3 hours from...
  5. 6

intermittent fuel gauge on sport trac

oh....THAT problem minus the alarm(I not got one). Good luck! If its like mine I've been trying to hunt that down myself since 2011. Mine does something similar if I leave the door open or the radio on for more than a short time. But mine won't start. People tell me its my old battery. I...
  6. 6

Was hoping to find out if it was doing what mine did. It would die off every so often, especially after I messed around under the dash installing a remote start. I finally traced the problem to the huge 70+ wire chassis to interior plug I call it. Rather than monkey with the impossible to get...
  7. 6

What is the gauge doing? Dropping to empty and the low fuel light coming on?
  8. 6

just bought a sport trac today and need help with a few questions!

The wiring to the switch it too short and tightens up and pulls on individual wires as you have learned. You may be able to get a few millimeters of relief if you go in and tug back on the harness.
  9. 6

Hub Assembly Noise '04 explorer sport trac

What are our alternators rated at?
  10. 6

2004 Sport trac seat heater repairs

Check for continuity for each section (seat/back) to see which is the problem. Did my DS seatback pad. Hated it!
  11. 6

Keyless entry system

Lets see. I don't pretend to know how exactly the locks work, but what I'm saying is it is possible that one broken wire going to another door lock may inhibit them all from working, IIRC. Does your FOB work?
  12. 6

Keyless entry system

Yes. All it takes is one wire to disable the whole system. Start in the door boot. It ain't fun! It'll be one of the wires going to the lock motor. IIRC the colours match from side to side. I can't locate my wiring diagram right now. Diagram for an aftermarket security system might help.
  13. 6

adjusting headlights vertically

The adjusters can and do seize up. Spray the crap outta the gearbox with a good penetrant and let it sit a while. Use the correct socket, 4mm I think, and wiggle it back and forth...alot. Most will free up. One of mine didn't and had to replace it.
  14. 6

Keyless entry system

7/8 AND 9/0 locks the doors, not just 9/0! Press the TWO buttons at the same time.
  15. 6

Brakes pulse/surge and looking for opinions on parts

I'd like to chime in here. I live in the rust belt, SW Ontario Canada, and have had good luck with not having to replace calipers as of late. Not so good luck removing the rotors. Rust blisters form on the inner surface that is to slide over the outer diameter of the hub. That is a PITA to...
  16. 6

5-Digit Factory Set Code 2002 Sport Trac

1st link above is the easiest. I used a plastic spatula to pop up the vent cover and a strong flashlight in the dark to easily read the code.
  17. 6

Explosive Coolant Vapours

Just an FYI. Not really Sport Trac related per say, but on Thursday morning before daylight, my co worker couldn't put his hands on a flashlight to check the coolant level in the overflow reservoir of his Ford one ton duelly DIESEL pickup so he sparked a lighter over the opening and proceeded...
  18. 6

2004 ST rear brakes

Well, I looked. I tapped with a screwdriver. I scratched with a knife. I swore mine were metal. Pads I wanted didn't come for phelonic pistons anyway. Bought pads and brought them home. To make a long story short, the metal piston pad will go in, but somewhat modified!
  19. 6

Moog vs Timken front hubs

Thanx for that. I was wondering because the Moog go on sale up here at Canadian Tire every so often and the Timkins cost me over $300!
  20. 6

I wish I hadn't...

Ya I think because, of course, there it the gap between the cab and box and it just funnels the noise back into the cab. Bought my Trac in the winter and put the visor on as soon as it was warm enuff, so I can't really say if I'm 100% correct or not
  21. 6

I wish I hadn't...

I put on a rear window vent visor. I think it causes more road noise with the window open and if I do ever find a cap I like, I'll have to remove it anyway.
  22. 6

Running Board Finish-What have you done?

I know the debate amongst Trac owners about either having or removing the running boards. I like mine and want to keep them. On my '04, the originals have rotted beyond reasonable repair and I have another set that I picked up cheap in awesome shape. I had them blasted and primed with...
  23. 6

EV system and P0172/P0175 codes

Query! 2004 4Litre flexfuel 121000miles. Could a Evaporative Emission Control System not responding to a scanning have anything to do with p0172 and P0175 codes (both banks too rich) that keep popping up every so often? All is good right now but for the EV system not completing it test for...
  24. 6

center console removal?

I don't think so. I'm sure I just grabbed hold and pulled straight up mostly. Like i said it'll sorta pivot on the front clips as they pull free.
Back