Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

No pressure in radiator hose after running?

I have the 4.6 engine. The problem with the heater is, if I have it on Auto or Heat , the blower will not turn on until some time after being at normal operating temp. I'm wondering if this is due to an air bubble in the system? Possibly causing no pressure in the hose, and the heater waiting to...
  2. M

No pressure in radiator hose after running?

Is there sapose to be pressure in the radiator hose after running the engine for normal driving, and how long should it stay pressurized? I'm having heater issues, and am thinking this is the cause or related. Please let me know what your thoughts are. Thank you all who reply.
  3. M

Front diff or Driveaxles BROKE?

This is true on a explorer with 4wd. On a Mountaineer with AWD, the brown wire mod is not an option. AWD transfer case has the viscous couplings and reacts to the slippage and then diverts the power. It was interesting finding this out, luckily there wasnt any traffic when i gunned it, and it...
  4. M

Well, turns out i now realize why im not a mechanic!! lol. The short and simple answer to this prob WAS the front driveline.. 250$ bucks and life is back on track until the next speedbump of life. Oh, just so everyone is clear- you can drive without the front driveline! It DOESNT help with gas...
  5. M

How to install cabin air filter [PICTURES]

Not just for me,but for my kids!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!
  6. M

kinda thought that at first too, but when i got under the truck while it was in drive with the wheels moving, (kids dont try that at home!!) the noise was coming from the transfer case, thats why i decided to try dropping the front driveline. And wouldnt the CV shaft still make the noise with...
  7. M

Thank you so much for the offer! OK, so heres what i got so far. I jacked it up, rotated drivers side tire and passenger side spun opposite like normal( no noticable click noise, a lil slop). Start the vehicle while raised and put in drive and let the wheels move, vibration and noise continue...
  8. M

Yah, thats what im thinkin aswell, tomorrow before the dentist the trucks going up and im going underneath it. I replaced the brakes and shocks not to long ago, but im very precise when it comes to the truck( since i carry precious cargo) and i drove all the way to cali and back and there wasnt...
  9. M

Hey guys, Im in brokedownville and need help. On my way freeway driving with family home, I start to get a vibration (small at the time) I think in the front, but then goes away( im thinkin construction pavement on freeway?). THEN, it gets WAY WORSE, so i pull off to see if I can see anything...
  10. M

starting the exhaust this week..

Dont get me wrong, I love my Magnaflow catback. Only prob is it doesnt eliminate that rediculous resonator. I would really like to see the differance without it.
  11. M

Strutteks installed....serious rake

Yah! im really happy with it. Like i said before, its a lil more exspensive then the struteck, but there not on back order and have the rebate until tomorrow!!
  12. M

here are the pics of the new Monroe fronts next to old stock springs
  13. M

I got them on Amazon with free shipping, plus Monroe has the buy all 4 and get a rebate check for one of them. so it was a pretty good deal i think. And instalation isnt to bad, took me about 7 hours total for all four( thats going to the auto parts store for 18mm deep socket and new sway bar...
  14. M

Yah, the Monroe Quick Struts are a complete new assemblie ( strut and spring pre assembled) just like the Strutteck units. The Monroes compared to the factory ones have one more coil on the spring, I assume that will make it stronger? I like that its level though, not a big fan of the raised...
  15. M

I will really try, all i took pics of was the shocks next to the new ones. I will take one of the new height aswell. Im pretty impressed though, with all four new quick struts on, the truck is sitting exactly 34" all the way around!! Im happy:)
  16. M

I just recently got the monroe quick struts and put them on ( only got the rears done for now) , It only gave me a lil over an inch then previous, and BOTH rears were broke. I went with the Monroes cause of the back order issue at Struttek. I bought them on Amazon, and if you buy all 4 theres a...
  17. M

Eibach Rear/Front sway bars

Yah, I was looking forward to getting a set and putting them on, but after all 4 strut assemblies ill have to wait a lil while:( Thanks for the responces though:)
  18. M

Eibach Rear/Front sway bars

so has anybody installed the Eibach swaybars with success?? lookin at getting them when i change struts.
  19. M

ok, so thats just on the strut only, im just going to stay away from the computer, sorry everybody!!
  20. M

actually it says " Except!!" thats what i get for doing this while at work. haha
  21. M

Is there a thread on replacing struts and springs? The fitment notes on there site say " Ecept 4 wheel/ All wheel drive" is this a new thing? or have any 4 wheel drive applications seen any problems?
  22. M

Project Starting: Magnaflow Exhaust

does anyone know what muffler comes with the Magnaflow 17518 catback system? I apoligize, I think its actually 15718. I checked magnaflow site, i couldnt find anything that said.
  23. M

Whats your spark plug? And why? 4.6L

sounds like a done deal, single platinums it is this weekend! After the ladys oil change ofcourse lol!! Thanks for discussion gentleman:)
  24. M

Thats awsome, thanks for the replys guys :)
  25. M

Im not sure what the benefits are, thats why i started this thread. Do platinum and iridium disapate heat better? Do they stop the plug from changing its set gap? Are double or even four points beneficial?
Back