Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

'squishy' brakes on sport trac

:us:That makes me feek A LOT better. Thanks Rebel!
  2. H

Whew. I was hoping you weren't going to tell me it was some mega dollar part that was discontinued in '02 and now I have to hike to Nepal to get it... I haven't bled brakes since my 66 Chevelle SS, and I'm sure it's different. Do you think air has made its way in there, or is bleeding them...
  3. H

I have an '01 Sport Trac with 150,000 on it (runs like a top btw), but in the last few months I've noticed an increasing amount of distance and force on the pedal is required to stop it. The front brakes also just starting making some noise and I'll be replacing the rotors and pads next...
  4. H

It shuddered and died at the light several times today.

It is on the passenger side. Does that rule out the gasket? Any other ideas?
  5. H

I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the input!
  6. H

I don't know. How do you tell? It was manufactured in September 2000. Would pumping on the gas pedal while taking off from a stop help if it was a lower intake gasket? FWIW, it has been six hours since I parked it and just went out and took it for a spin around the block....NO hesitation...
  7. H

I forgot to add, prior to today, it had done this a total of three times in the last few months, but only once each time and only after driving for long distances and coming to a stop. Thanks!
  8. H

:dunno: I have an '01 Sport Trac, and, after driving about 20-30 minutes it acted like it was going to die when I took off from stop signs. I'd pump the accelarator a bit and it would take off and run fine. THEN, after about 20 minutes more it got worse and started dying at EVERY stop sign...
  9. H

Confused about 4x4CM part number.

Thanks much, swetrid.
  10. H

Confused about 4x4CM part number.

I'm getting ready to order a new 4x4 control module, but am unsure about the last two letters of the part number. My original is 1L54-7H417-AC. When I cross reference to the new part number (1L5Z-7E453-AC...old one discontinued) it shows that it replaces 1L54-7H417-AE. Mine, of course, ends...
  11. H

Programming a Transfer Shift Control Module?

I read on a thread here that a guy took his 2001 Sport Trac to the dealer for a new "Transfer Shift Control Module" (Ford part # TM 101) and it was $231 for the module and $115 to program it. DO THESE THINGS REALLY NEED TO BE PROGRAMMED, or is it possible to pick one up off ebay and stick it in...
  12. H

'01 Sport Trac 4wd issue.

Problem solved: Found what i was looking for. Thanks.
  13. H

'01 Sport Trac 4wd issue.

I was driving on a nasty, snowy road yesterday and attempted to kick my four wheel drive in. It had worked about 30 minutes earlier, but this time...nothing. No lights, noise, clicking... I've read through some threads here and checked all fuses in the passenger compt. and under the hood- all...
Back