Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

No A/C in the City

What is cycling? I am guessing it is the compressor turning on then off? My compressor seems to always be engaged when my a/c is on. Is that bad?
  2. F

No A/C in the City

Well I'm glad to be on this forum, you guys have a lot of knowledge :) I added refrigerant today, although the air seems to be slightly cooler, this didn't solve my problem either. I have noticed that as long as my rpm's are 2k and above the air feels cold, not as cold as I would like, but...
  3. F

No A/C in the City

So how does this relief valve work? Is it supposed to release refrigerant if the system is over-charged?
  4. F

No A/C in the City

I added some refrigerant to the system. It's 103 out side and I have a pressure reading right in-between 50-55psi. It still doesn't seem to be blowing that cold. I have sprayed cold water on the condenser and yes it did start blowing colder air then normal while at idle. The reason I added...
  5. F

No A/C in the City

Does anyone know what the air pressure is supposed to be on the low a/c port when it's like 100 degrees out? I think I am going to try to recharge again.
  6. F

No A/C in the City

The fan clutch looks spotless. I did the cold start test and the fan seems to be working ok. Would replacing the thermostat and coolant help? I have 175k miles now and I don't know if either of those have ever been replaced. I got this vehicle from my grandfather, who I know did basic...
  7. F

No A/C in the City

Is it possible that my fan clutch has gone out? How would I test that?
  8. F

No A/C in the City

I checked and I have a metal fan...I don't know what kind of fan clutch it has.
  9. F

Help with a miss

In my experience having only one cylinder misfire the cause has usually been the spark plug or the wire. Have you tried swapping the spark plug wire with a known good one? Is the number 6 spark plug tightening down properly? My brother-in-law has a ranger with the 4.0L in it and he stripped...
  10. F

No A/C in the City

Any suggestions for an electric fan I could add on easily?
  11. F

No A/C in the City

So if I were to add an electric fan this might help my situation? I did have my car on and ran it for a little while before I tried charging the A/C. I watched the gauge for about 10mins and it stayed the same.
  12. F

Help with a miss

This might sound like a stupid question, but just trying to get a little more information. How do you know it's missing on cylinder 6? Are you sure it's not missing on more then one cylinder?
  13. F

No A/C in the City

Ok so it's starting to get hot so this problem is getting annoying now. If I am driving down the freeway my A/C works fine, but once I get in the city and am doing a lot of slow driving or idling on a day when it's like 80 or 90 degrees out my A/C stops blowing out cool air. One day I got a...
  14. F

Bluetooth Integration?

I am using the Pioneer AVIC-U310BT system. The Bluetooth on it is working really well for me. I have had a couple other decks with Bluetooth and this one is by far the best. I paid $250 shipped new on eBay for it. The only cons I have with this unit is that you have to purchase and SD card...
  15. F

Lucas Oil Transmission Fix

Any particular reason you feel this way? There are a couple of people on here saying otherwise...it would be nice to know why you have this viewpoint.
  16. F

Oil Change 5.0L

Yeah I've been thinking about giving that a try. I am using the 10w30 clean 5000 right now. I guess it wouldn't hurt to give synthetic a try for an interval to see what happens. I am using the motorcraft filter right now...is this filter ok to use with the synthetic oil? Should I consider a...
  17. F

Oil Change 5.0L

I'm using the Mobile 1 Clean 5000 right now. I just don't want to cause anymore issues by switching to synthetic and having it leak or something.
  18. F

So is this something that should be considered bad? I am not an expert at this and have no experience rebuilding transmissions...so would not know if adding this and having the seals expand is a bad thing.
  19. F

Oil Change 5.0L

Ok cool, so I'm not the only one! Is there anything I should be looking for as to oil burning? I am considering trying synthetic...but don't want to try it if I am really loosing a quart of oil. That is a lot to be loosing and have heard not to switch to synth if you are going through a quart...
  20. F

Oil Change 5.0L

I have 170k on my engine and my OCI is 2500...It just seems strange that it would go through a qt in 2500 miles.
  21. F

Oil Change 5.0L

OCI?? It seems like there is something wrong if a qt is getting burned...i change every 2500
  22. F

Awesome. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Anyone else have an experience they can share with this stuff? Negative experiences would be good to consider as well. I have read some reviews where people say it's too thick and actually messed up their transmission. Bob is the oil guy did a...
  23. F

Oil Change 5.0L

Yes, I change the filter also. I did not check the dipstick before the change, I checked it after and I am right in the middle of the min/max marks. I am just trying to figure out why I only drained about 4 qts. It seems a little odd. Does anyone keep track of how much oil they drain?
  24. F

I dropped the pan, changed the filter, and 4qts of ATF in my transmission last month. I still have a rough down shift to 1st and a little shutter from 1st to 2nd if I am accelerating quickly from a stop. I have read numerous pros and cons on other sites. What are your opinions about this...
  25. F

Oil Change 5.0L

Ok I just had a quick question. I just got this explorer and did an oil change. Read that there is a 5qt capacity, drained the oil, dumped 5qts in, and refilled my 5qt container only to find out there is only about 3-4qts in the container. This is the second time I have done this. Just...
Back