Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. loneinventor

Question about Mounty front end

:thumbdwn: sorry to say unless you plan on swapping out the whole front clip ain't gonna fit , hood , fenders , grill , ect........ i have both , and i really like the mounty tail lights , but sad to say they won't fit in my ex .......:(
  2. loneinventor

what the puck ?

thanx , found them , looks like about $4 a peice . :thumbsup:
  3. loneinventor

what the puck ?

does anybody have any good info on where to get 2" body lift pucks ?? no hardware , i'll get that at the menonite mall ....:D
  4. loneinventor

Backup batteries?

i have the same idea to install a 2nd battery , have the room for it here took the 3rd row seat out , there is a ton of room left where the 3rd row foot well is . also want to install a 3000w inverter to run my converted air compressor and some other goodies . i was told it would be legal to...
  5. loneinventor

Coils and Plugs?

hey zero were they original plugs in the pre-03' the 2 piece break in half when you change them even if you're carefull drop the bottom part into the cylinder head yell a couple curse words o crap what will i do now cost alot of money to fix spark plugs ???? :mad:
  6. loneinventor

i hope it works out to drive out to cali with my kid. i'm looking for an evo 8 for him to buy ...

i hope it works out to drive out to cali with my kid. i'm looking for an evo 8 for him to buy , he has one in oki now that he races. won his division last year with it . wanted to send it home but would cost 20k . so we're going to build one when he's in pa , and drive that out to cali .......
  7. loneinventor

Coils and Plugs?

P.S. make sure you follow the torque specs for the plugs , remember they are aluminum heads.......
  8. loneinventor

Coils and Plugs?

so far the bosch plugs are awsome , only have them in 1k miles so hard to say. i have the 4.6 and let me tell you there not like changing plugs on the old school motors. these are the plugs i put in. take your time and pull the coils off , but before you pull the plugs , vaccum the bore out ...
  9. loneinventor

Finally posting pictures (I think)

duplicolor actually makes a decent rattle can wheel paint . have used their interior paint for my mounty . works great , but you must clean very good first or it will peel , same with the rim paint. stick with the satin though , easier to touch in later and dosen't show the flaws like gloss...
  10. loneinventor

my son's name is casey thomas he will be 23 in july , he to is in the marines , small world ..

my son's name is casey thomas he will be 23 in july , he to is in the marines , small world ..
  11. loneinventor

Ex on the beach

little x, hey man , had a scare the last trip . the beach where i fish has really flatened out , it used to drop off hard. so now when the tide goes out it goes way out . had been there since high tide in the morning . so when the tide went out , i figured that i'd back down closer . it was...
  12. loneinventor

Ex on the beach

i like going to cape henalopen normally , that's where i used to fish allot . they have been closing the point down this time of year, for some years now. some kind of shore bird nests there . it used to be the best spot. anywho , the worst place and the easiest to get stuck is right as soon as...
  13. loneinventor

Ex on the beach

:thumbsup: oh yeah!!! the first trip down was the first with the ex, dry run forgot the beer. next trip down went by myself caught a bunch of these brought a thermos of coffee and a pack of blacks for the morning , and a cooler of carona for lunch . man what an awsome day :D.....
  14. loneinventor

what the heck you do way up there, besides run from the bears.....

what the heck you do way up there, besides run from the bears.....
  15. loneinventor

hey cozmik , where do you catch shark at ? the ones i caught recently were all sand shark ...

hey cozmik , where do you catch shark at ? the ones i caught recently were all sand shark , don't know how good they would be to eat . a few years back i caught a mako around the same area , didn't know you weren't supposed to keep them, ooops! sure did taste good on the grill though.
  16. loneinventor

Ex on the beach

hey gaff it, don't know where bobwiersema lives or even if he fishes. bob was just helping me hide the picture of my wifes hiney. :D look further up in the postings. as far as it goes for me , i used to go surf fishing allot . i did have an f-150 set up for my business , as well as surf fishing...
  17. loneinventor

how the heck do you find time to have 12,000 posts ? i might actually might be heading out your...

how the heck do you find time to have 12,000 posts ? i might actually might be heading out your way soon. my son is re-stationed to Pendelton , he wants me to drive out with him and then fly back . he's in Okinawa right now. sorry for the spelling....
  18. loneinventor

Ex on the beach

here's what happened the next trip. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280288 where are you from explorerimports ? :cool:
  19. loneinventor

Shark !!!!!

sorry :( they say it's coming up the east coast , might get to where i fish too! do you fish off the sand or boat it?
  20. loneinventor

Shark !!!!!

believe it or not this is all but 5'. just trying to find others with the same intrests. all in all what an awsome time, 6 sharks ranging from 30" to the biggest one at almost 5', 23 skates, and 1 bunker, which i gave to the guy next to me for bait. this is what we call a skate. i found...
  21. loneinventor

Ex on the beach

P.S. CRAP !!! i was also supposed to tell everyone that it was a wide angle lense on my camera... help !
  22. loneinventor

Ex on the beach

OMG !!!!!! my wife was sooooo pissed off that I put that picture on here. I dumped all my pictures on photobucket and picked a couple , that was not the one I wanted butt, lol...:rolleyes: thats the won I must have copied and pasted. boy am i in the dog house :(..... so please guys be kind...
  23. loneinventor

Ex on the beach

I was interested to see how many of us were into surf fishing. thinking it would be pretty cool to share related projects to our ex's , experiences , problems , solutions , and ideas........ here are some pictures of my 05' limited's maiden voyage to delaware. have already started some projects...
  24. loneinventor

Tow hook question/roof rack

a magnet sticks to the ones from my f-150 and they weigh a couple of pounds a piece . they are some kind of casting. are the lightweight ones a closed loop or an open hook ? you would think if they are factory that is one of the things ford seems to over engineer . when the cast ones were on my...
  25. loneinventor

Tow hook question/roof rack

these are from an 98' f-150 4x4 i had. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276529
Back