Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

X with fabtech spindles and 31s

I see the pre-runner look everywhere here in Diego...I actually like it. Looks good Agent51. To each his own.
  2. S

'95 Sport w/3-inch body lift +33's

Chris, i think i fixed my link...check it out
  3. S

4"Lift 97 2wd Sport

nice job on the mods! where did you get your spindles put on or did you them yourself? and how much?
  4. S

2000 4x4 XLT

you did a clean job on your truck! It looks great! You must be lovin that powertrax! SDMike
  5. S

Stadx2's 98 Limited Lift Pics

Thanks for the info Darren!! Looks like thats what i'm gonna get. sounds like a reasonable price and easy to use. I like the idea of just jacking it up, and not having to worry about having to lift it off the ground. and yes, we were just hit with a rolling blackout yesterday around 5:00Pm...
  6. S

Stadx2's 98 Limited Lift Pics

bike carrier Nice Truck Stadx2 Just wondering about your bike carrier. WHat kind is it and does it just slide right in the class III hitch? How much did you get it for and where? I've been looking for something to haul my YZ250 to the desert with besides a trailer (I'm tired of towing a...
  7. S

COMMOCOZY'S '98 Sport w/3" lift and 33's

Looks great!!
  8. S

New before and afters with 33" TSL's

Matt, Nice transformation...looks really good. Makes me wanna trade mine for a newer model. So how much trimming did you have to do to fit the 33's?
  9. S

max spare tire size

I fit a 32x11.5r15 under mine...
  10. S

Borla vs Gibson Exhaust

Had my Gibson for about six years now, and it's been good to me. It has a very subtle rumble to it, not too loud, but loud enough to get a little attention. I am very satisfied with it and never had any problems with it. SDMike
  11. S

KillerXLT, Well, there has been numerous discussions on body lifts for '95+ up explorers. It has been done, by several people, and there's even a write up on how to do it. Check these links out, they should help... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=15264 "Making...
  12. S

SuperLift to make a 4

Thats great news!!Maybe they saw this forum and finally got the hint, that there is a market and demand for it. Hopefully this application will fit 2wd's too, and hopefully it will come out in six months as promised (remember the trailmaster debacle). Let's keep our fingers crossed...
  13. S

Turd, cool, make sure you post some pics...I was thinking about the spindle lift up front too...maybe when i see pictures of yours, it'll convince me to get'em. Then we'll have to think of names for our trucks. Mike
  14. S

I'm a 2WD and my gearing is 3.73, and it's not bad, but it could be better. I'm going to upgrade to 4.10 or 4.56 soon.
  15. S

Powertrax No-slip Locker install

Jon M, Check out this thread too, while you're a it... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=22992&pagenumber=2 I did some researching at different places and found that National Drivetrain, Inc in Vegas has the lowest price. Gerald and I both ordered one from there...
  16. S

2001ExpSport Yeah the bumper and the rocker panels were fine, didn't have to do anything to them. TURDS Can't really tell you much about my body lift, except that I got it @ Off Road Warehouse in SD, and they did the install for me. It's the same 3-inch lift that a couple of other people...
  17. S

2001ExpSport yeah the inside fenderwell with a dremel, some moderate trimming.
  18. S

TIRES

DORAZIL a couple of us on the board have that combination. Be ready to use the dremel to do a little fender trimming... Mike
  19. S

my excuse I was stranded down in Mex..surfing really good waves, if I recall from last year's Truckhaven where I met you, you're a surfer too, so you could probably understand my dilemma..epic waves, truckhaven, epic waves, truckhaven, I tried to do both, but I was outvoted, so it didn't...
  20. S

Spectre Off-Road Innovations for a pre-runner bumper. Their number if you want to call is (619)588-2568. [Edited by SDMike on 01-19-2001 at 12:58 AM]
  21. S

When I first got my explorer in March of '95, the first thought I had was, I need to get a lift for this thing! I had already bought it, not knowing that there was nothing available, and for two years I waited and persistently kept calling every lift maker (rancho, trailmaster...
  22. S

My 95 Sport: 3-inch body lift + torsion twist and shackles 33x12.50r15 BFG's MT's 15x8 American Racing wheels Powertrax No-Slip, Borla Headers, Gibson Exhaust, K&N Filter,Jacobs wires,pre-runner w/PIAA's, Trailmaster SSV's Dead Link Removed [Edited by SDMike on...
  23. S

rear end locker

The locker for open diffs are usually about twenty dollars cheaper than the l/s, but we're getting a good deal (gerald and I) by paying the same as SteveVB did for his. I priced it out at bunch of places and this seems to be the best deal... The phone number to National Drivetrain, Inc is...
  24. S

rear end locker

Powertrax No-Slip $375.00 EB2K, I checked West Coast Differentials, and for the powertrax no-slip for an 8.8, 31 spline l/s 7/8 shaft, they wanted $403.43 plus tax(if you live in CA) and shipping, which would put the total cost in the 440-450 range. I called a couple of other places and...
  25. S

rear end locker

EB2K, Have you got your locker yet? I'm about to order a Powertrax No-slip. Just wondered if you priced any out. The cheapest I could find was about 430.00 with no tax and free shipping. Find it cheaper anywhere else?
Back