Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Shifting into Park

So I just got a price of $91.86 for that switch. I'd love to try something else before plinking down $100. Common recall!
  2. A

Shifting into Park

Thanks for the info/pics I'll have to tear into mine this weekend to see whats up with mine.
  3. A

I think we need a new bumper!

Yeah, unfortunately it's not going to be very soon, sorry for teasing everybody, money is a little tight at the moment and I hope things will change in the next few months. Likewise with your build macknos, your pretty much the pioneer going with the SAS... can't wait!
  4. A

Nice! That's basically what I want to do... maybe I should start over in Solidworks. This whole thing was just a way to get my idea out of my head and be able to look at it. Problems become more apparent when you can look at it from different angles. ;)
  5. A

The finished product might actually be thinner height-wise because I don't want it to be too heavy. Probably going to go with 3/16" steel for the front and 8 gauge for the top, sides and bottom flange. I guess the deciding factor will be which winch I design it around.
  6. A

Yeah I actually have no CAD experience and that's what SketchUp is good for... I'd love to learn something like Solidworks and have it be a little more useful. Now I need to fine tune all the measurements and figure out how to get a cut list from this... anyone have any ideas?
  7. A

SCT X3 Arrived.

How much better is this tune than the factory Ford flash upgrade, sorry I'm a little new and this may be a stupid question, obviously you have more control over your tune but for the budget minded is the factory flash good to do anyways?
  8. A

Yeah, I'm making it for my '03 which has round fogs, probably switch them out for PIAA anyways. I'm brand new at it so now I need to figure out how to get a cut list from my model, ack!
  9. A

So I was fooling around in SketchUp today and it really got me thinking, I can do this! Now you'll have to excuse the obvious mistakes in the model (I am actually designing it for my '03 which has a slightly different grill) But you get the idea... I can't take credit for the model of the...
  10. A

Shifting into Park

Mine as well, I just figured I had to resolve to doing it in two segments... first to R then to P, I have to pull it towards me a bit to get it in.
  11. A

Liftgate glass hinges on an '04

Anyone have a success story to go along with the recall? Mine shows up as qualifying and it makes a rattling noise when I'm on a bumpy road. Did they fix it by changing them?
  12. A

How To: Fix the Door Ajar Problem

Fixed my problem with WD-40 yesterday, I think the majority of the problems are caused by faulty door sensors in the latch, they dry up and get stuck open. A generous spray of WD and your good to go again... unless you are experiencing another electrical problem associated with the doors or like...
  13. A

still want lift spacers?

He's working on them now... give him a week and I'm sure we'll be seeing some very soon ;)
  14. A

still want lift spacers?

Good to see some progress! I'll get in line for a set as well... I'm actually coming down to LA next week.. hmmmmm :)
Back