Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

How to: Rebuild 4X4 Shift Motor

4X4 high clicks in and out ive had this problem for a few years now after ripping the shift motor off and apart, i did not see any of the common issues. i have no problem in 4wd Low engages great and stays, but 4X4 high just keeps clicking in and out, and i say that because i hear a click...
  2. R

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Ball joint replacement 4X4 Torsion Bar Front Susp.

Well, This time has come where I need to do Ball joints on my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4wd With Torsion bar front suspension. I have done uppers, and lowers on my 98 Ranger 2wd With coil springs, They were all Pressed in and out, but this seems to be a little different. I've done some research...
  3. R

2001 Explorer Sport Hard Start

I never cleaned the IAC, I metered it out and it was in range to Specs. So, i need to pull it off and clean it out.
  4. R

2001 Explorer Sport Hard Start

Did This Fix the issue?? I have the same problem, same vehicle, 2001 Sport 4.0 SOHC I got some info from the autozone website that stated this: 1.Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position. 2.Disengage the wiring harness connector from the IAC valve . 3.Using an ohmmeter, measure the...
  5. R

2001 4.0 SOHC Doesn't Like to start Cold. SOMEONE KICK ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

I have a 2001 Sport 4X4 4.0 SOHC 110K Miles . It has had a recent tune-up plugs and wires. Shortly there after the CEL came on, so i had it scanned and got P0171 & P0174 Codes (Right bank Lean, Left Bank Lean), After researching this, i was led to believe it was a bad upper intake manifold...
  6. R

Brakes fail at low speed

No, No leaks whatsoever on my 2001 this is strictly an ABS issue
  7. R

Brakes fail at low speed

Brakes Fail at low speeds My 2001 Explorer has this issue, and i can tell you what not to do. instead of trying to diagnosis this, I went gung ho and decided to replace the front abs sensors, while doing a brake job, No change. Replaced The rear sensor, guess what, NO change. So Dont start...
  8. R

The Love Of My Life Taken Away Instantly

What i have left Luckily No One was injured. My buzz was killed, but, NOT AT FAULT. I also Totalled out a Mustang on the rear Bumper earlier last year. I loved getting 500 to replace a bumper, hating getting 500 and having no vehicle.I totally gutted that B- Almost everything got sold. I...
  9. R

The Love Of My Life Taken Away Instantly

So, Im gonna keep this short and sweet. I bought this 1 owner old man owned Gem of a 1998 Black Ranger for $600.00 about 4 years ago . Put everything i had into it over that time. NO RUST 210K MILES oringinal trans + motor 2.5 had all new EVERYTHING exhaust, suspension, driveshaft underneath it...
  10. R

2001 Explorer vacuum hose leak.

How to find a vaccum leak Hello, I was just under the hood of the explorer doing this today. My source is Automotive forums. com. V6 4.0 SOHC This is best to do when the engine is first fired up (cold). Start it up, pop the hood (of Course) Spray starting fluid along the various vaccum hoses...
Back