Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Letting go of the ol' Explorer

Well, times are getting hard. I am letting go of my 94 xlt explorer with 130,000 miles. It has run great and there have been tranny/engine/electrical problems with it. The only minor problem is the AC, which hasn't worked for 3 years. It is in good condition, do you think 4,000 is a decent...
  2. E

Brake IP lights

I have a little question for yous guys. It started about a month ago and I noticed when I pressed the brake pedal hard, then the red Brake IP light would come on, but lately even when I press the brakes lightly, the light comes on. Should this be of some concern? Thanks in advance, Ryan
  3. E

Painting the Wipers

My winshield wipers came with black paint, and it has started to peel off into a chrome color on both the back and front wipers. Can I paint these and what paint(spray paint?) should I use? Also, how long will this take? Any answers will be greatly appreciated and coveted. Thanks, Ryan
  4. E

169,753 miles and going strong. Question to all.

ya, that seems really really low for a '94. My 94 has 123000
  5. E

What the...

when you say, "upgrade to new pedals", how much work/money goes into that?
  6. E

What the...

Something interesting happened today. I was driving to work and the plastic brake pedal cover just came off. I just drove on the bare metal. I know this can be dangerous, but my feet weren't wet and i had a good grip. Anyway, has this ever happened to you? Also, I am thinking about getting...
  7. E

Sigh...Air Conditions, Yea or Nay???

Yeah, I've heard people refer to it as "dry heat". Considering we don't have much humidity out here,I guess that is what you can call it.
  8. E

Sigh...Air Conditions, Yea or Nay???

Sigh...Air Conditioner, Yea or Nay??? Well, after living without the air conditioner my 1994 explorer for about 2 years, I am thinking about getting it fixed for this upcoming summer's heat as sort of my "winter" project. However I am still debating the pro's and cons. First the Facts: I...
  9. E

Swamper TRXUS ALL-terrain

hmmmm...those look interesting.
  10. E

Common problems by year...

'94 Ex with 123,000 miles on her. The only probs I have thus far: bad gas mileage air conditionar hasn't worked for 2 years need bigger tires other than those things, she has ran perfectly
  11. E

BFG All Terrain KO's

I ended up getting ALL TERRAIN AT KO 31's. Snowed about 5 inches the day I got them and they performed very well. These are probably the most knobby tires I have ever got. I look forward to wheelin' with them. Thanks for your comments. ~Ryan
  12. E

BFG All Terrain KO's

I am 90% sure that I am going to get BFG All Terrain KO's. Can anyone give me some comments on their performance on and off road? Thanks, also looked into getting some Goodyear Wranglers. Which are the better tire? On road 95%, off road 5%. Thanks, Ryan
  13. E

Ah..PSI

HELP!! PSI Just a little question for yous guys. I am running my BFG's at 31 psi. What is the optimum psi for BFG AT, I run about 95% on road 5% off road. I live in NM which right now has low temp of 5 and highs of the mid 30's. What would the optimum PSI for these tires be. I am saying...
  14. E

Lifted Explorers=Rare?

Make that 2 lifted explorers I have seen. I just saw one yesterday at the mall. Looked to be an 94-96 model with around 34's. Looked nice, and a teenager was driving. By the way, it had Washington plates and I live in New Mexico. ~Ryan
  15. E

BFG Krawlers

Did you go to that competition in Farmington or did you see walker evans elsewhere? Personally, I think Walker is a crappy driver, who should stick to baja. I watched him take really crappy lines up the rock and roll it twice!!! Just because he is sponsored by some notables(namely goodyear)he...
  16. E

Lifted Explorers=Rare?

Just wondering if lifted explorers are considered rare. I bring this topic up because the city I live in has a population of 40000 and I have only seen 2 noticably lifted explorers in the past year or so. To get to my question, do explorers get lifted less(percentage wise) that other SUVs and...
  17. E

Aww.. BFG LONG TRAIL

I will never get BFG Long Trail tires again. They have no grip whatsoever in sand, rocks, snow, etc. Should of got BFG All Terrain. How much do AT's run? Ryan
  18. E

BFG Krawlers

Those krawlers are awesome. Saw them at the world rock crawling competition in my hometown of Farmington, New Mexico. They perform better than super swampers on the rocks(sandstone primarily). ~Ryan
  19. E

Transmission messup in the mud?

Funny thing is, the same thing happened to me. Only, I wasn't muddin I was in sand. Anyway, I popped into 4 low, and when I got on the main road. Turned it off, then I started to hear a whine when I accelerated. That happened for about 3 months but then it just stopped. Twas a strange thing...
  20. E

'95 Explorer XLT tailgate emblem free to good home

Thanks, anyway.. I just realized I dont have control trac:rolleyes: so therefor it would be misleading. Sorry about the confusion, Ryan
  21. E

I'm not quite sure what a tailgate emblem is. Does it stick, and if so will it still stick on mine? Pardon the (stupid) questions, but I'm not that informed on these topics. Anyway, post a reply, and tell me how much shipping is, Thanks, Ryan
  22. E

Ricer(r)?

What does the term rice(r) mean? Thanks, ~ryan
  23. E

I'll take it. Does it say 95 xlt on it? Thanks, Ryan
  24. E

Air!!

I got airborne for the first time in the eggsplorer yesterday. I was out taking a stroll on an oil road, when all of a sudden the road went went really steep and then came back down. Kinda like this: /\ but not that steep Anyway, as I was haulin up it, I felt the back tires get of the...
  25. E

Help me name my X.

Hmm.. I can give you a spin off of my name. Possibly, green eggs? eggs? I call my explorer eggs or eggsplorer, dunno why. Anyway, you could call her greggsplorer(if your name was greg). Just a few strange ideas. ~Ryan
Back