Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

Yep...made the command decision to hold what i got and go from there. Also, i'm just gonna roll with 33x12.50R15 and not worry about loss of power, wearing out suspension parts, etc. I always ran 33's on my Toyotas and hated the loss of power. Besides i always made my money in choosing good...
  2. F

Yes, i was speaking of overall lift height at the cab. I know with the BL/Level kit i won't gain clearance from the frame. I was also anticipating gaining enough lift at the wheel wells to fit 35" tires with this particular setup. I purchased Pro Comp series 7069 wheels (15x10) but no tires...
  3. F

3" Body Lift and 2"-3" Level Kit I just purchased a 3" body lift and 2"-3" level kit for my 2001 ST 4x4. Will this combo give me approximately 5" of lift and do i need rear shackles with the leveling kit? Thanks in advance for the help
  4. F

2001 Sport Trac 4x4 Problem

Yeah, i didn't quite understand the measurements either...maybe he meant "4/32" and "12/32"...he was using a depth gauge. Anyway, i aired up the rear tires to the max (35 PSI) and dropped the front tires with more tread to 25 PSI hoping that would temporarily fix the problem. It did sort...
  5. F

THanks for the reply John...actually i have been driving in Alaska in at least 2 feet of snow and there is usually a thin layer of ice on the roads. During those rare moments the roads are dry, i don't attempt to drive in 4WD. Took it to Ford shop today. The tech said roughly the same thing in...
  6. F

Recent issue i'm having with using 4x4...when engaged in either 4wH or 4WL and moving over 5 mph, there is a hard jolt/thump every 10 seconds or so felt at/near the transfer case and maybe even the front axles. Also feels like after the thump/jolt the car temporarily will pull to one side, then...
  7. F

My 2001 Sport Trac has a problem with 4WD.

2001 SPORT TRAC 4x4 Problem What is working: display comes on when switched into either 4wh or 4wl, 4x4 will engage the front wheels/drivetrain. Problem is once engaged in either 4wh or 4wl, a hard jolt is felt/heard from either the transfer or the front hubs...almost feels like one or both...
Back