Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Sector Shaft Seals

I have a 1994 Ranger 4X4 Ext Cab 4.0. The pitman arm was a pita to get off because of the twin I-beam suspension being in the way, but I finally got it removed along with the metal dust cover, c-clip and the first seal. Now I'm wondering if I need to remove the other two seal(s) because fluid is...
  2. W

fuel pump doesn't stop priming

I had the same problem with a '92 and it was a bad solder connection in the computer (EEC). $1900 later and $1600 to one mechanic that didn't fix the problem, but one did in NOLA. It ran rich and had running problems before the fix. $127 at NAPA for a rebuilt computer.
  3. W

Transmission has slippage.

I'd check the vacuum modulator and modulator valve first.
  4. W

Actual modulator valve

1994 A4LD Ranger 4.0L 4X4 I replaced the the vacuum modulator and have had the shifting problems that so many have mentioned. I tried to remove the valve itself the other day and could not get it out as it doesn't move freely. I ended up pushing it in as far as it can go trying to free it up...
  5. W

94 Ranger XL -Instructions on how to replace a vacuum modulator.

I recently did this and everything was fine for awhile, then first to second shift is delayed, First will go up and slightly over 3000 rpm before the shift. I had drop[ped the pan too and re-dropped it today. The tranny fluid is milky but the radiator shows no sign of tranny fluid. I think the...
Back