Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Wiper Pivot Shaft Linkage

Thinking the same thing. Brother in law just gave me his 89 Ranger. same issue. found the clip, but $25 shipped is crazy. Some wire will work just fine on it. thanks for the tip
  2. H

Solenoid diagnosis, replacement

Mine did the same. ended up being rust on the neg wire to the battery. I did the starter and the solenoid before looking at that. some sand paper and a few mins did the trick
  3. H

Solenoid diagnosis, replacement

its was $12 at autozone. I just got one. Be carefull when install it. the plastic around the copper stud is VERY weak. will crack off with just a little amount of pressure.
  4. H

How would you try to fix this

I found that last night. Its a great source of information. Got me thinking. Does anybody make a replacement rocker back plate. I designed one last night and sent it to a local fab shop to make for me. That might be something others can use too
  5. H

How would you try to fix this

I was changing out the doors on my 91. I noticed that the rockers are even rusted wourse the I had thought. They basicly fell off. the back sheetmetal that the rockers are welded too aswell. there is nothing there. I have pics but cant figure out how to post them. is it best to try to make a...
  6. H

Back in the game........

Something you would never think about looking for. Love when that happens.
  7. H

Early Christmas for some of you. Free parts

The 2 front motors were claimed today by another member. I Still have the back too. And from what I can tell, they back has a diffrent sproket from the front. I dont think the sprokets can be chaged out as the shaft for the rear is about 1/2" longer
  8. H

Speedometer is off need help

could be a gear, check out this web page http://www.explorer4x4.com/speedo.html does not look hard to change out the gear, and it looks like a >$10 fix. I would give it a shot
  9. H

Here is what I still have rear gate window and handle both glass pieces from the rear doors. pass front window. all the window motors all the door handles (inside)
  10. H

lots of rust. the channels crumbeled away whe I took out the windows
  11. H

Speedometer is off need help

Lots of issues here. You dont have a good baseline to start off with. However, tires is the first thing to look at. Any change in size will cause a diffrence in the speedo. I also try to varify speeds when I see the radars on the side of the road.
  12. H

gray, but am using them on the new doors
  13. H

I am using the power widow switches (and panels)
  14. H

looked it up on ebay. looks like it fits 91 to 94. the track on the pass side looks brand new, same with the motor. the one on the drive side has the original motor and the tract was held together by a hose clamp. I don't remember if the window worked or not. Got it as a project truck It...
  15. H

Replacing my doors. I stripped out the old doors. have some parts if anybody wants them. They are free, just cover shipping. Have parts from all 4 doors and rear gate. I am keeping the locks, driver window and wires. all else is free for the taking. Let me know what you need.
  16. H

auto glass replacement

I have both pieces of glass that you can have for free. If you can figure out how to get them from Chicago. If you cover shipping, and packing materials, they are yours
  17. H

Back in the game........

I like that orange and black combo. I think I might use that on my X when I am ready to paint it
  18. H

Wanted 92 Explorer sport needs parts

http://www.fixmyrust.com/Category/BH.html
  19. H

Rust and shock suggestions

quarter panels are not that $$$ http://www.fixmyrust.com/Product/4217125.html these guys sell them form $166 + shipping if you have the ability to weld it in.
  20. H

gettin started

I was always a fan of the E3 plugs. Jegs has them for $6 each. Little more HP, little better gas mileage over stock.
  21. H

quick question on doors

ROrsburn, thanks for the offer, But I just picked up some doors yesterday. If you would of gotten to me a few days ago, we could of worked something out
  22. H

quick question on doors

I picked up the doors. I will give it a shot. $150 for clean set of doors in the Chicago area is too good of a deal. Junk yarda are with 150 per door around here. and that is a door with no metal, panels, or anything at all. thanks for the help
  23. H

quick question on doors

good information. I would just swap out the locks with my locks that are in the truck now. Wires should be easy. But I am not sure what you mean by Change the inserts. What does that mean? thanks for the help
  24. H

quick question on doors

I have a rused out 91 4 door explorer. Does anybody know if doors from a 2000 (4 door) would fit on it. I thought I read once that they would, but not sure. thanks
Back