Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Rear control arm bushings.

As it stands I have yet to find any form of bushings for the rear. At this point I'm thinking of getting some over sized washers and just "filling in the gaps". The fun part is going to be breaking the nut loose with out snapping the bolt. If I succeed in doing so I will post pictures.
  2. M

The brake proportioning valve connector broke off.

It seems to be. Rear ABS Light came on with it off. It went out after it was reconnected.
  3. M

Well I managed to zip tie it into place so the ABS light is out. But after bleeding the system I realized that my initial fear was true. I need to replace the booster.
  4. M

It broke where the threaded area starts.
  5. M

OK so today I'm replacing the master cylinder on my van and when I went to disconnect the wire from the switch in the proportioning valve the damn thing broke. Does any one know where to get said piece of plastic crap or will I end up having to replace the entire proportioning valve? :(...
  6. M

Transmission won't catch in reverse.

It was a hand written receipt, no codes written on it. The trouble codes I remember were for misfires on multiple cylinders. I have since replaced plugs and wires for 5 of the 6 cylinders. Plan on "fighting" with #6 in the am then going to clear the computer to see if the check engine light...
  7. M

OK, a little over $1,600.00 later the issue is fixed. Had to bite the bullet and take her into a local shop. All I can say is HOLY CRAP at the $795.00 labor charge and $94.00 for fluid, although she does have a trans cooler. And if I'm reading the receipt right they also replaced the converter...
  8. M

Low 1 & 2 work fine.
  9. M

It came on a few day's ago. Again, I want to have the code pulled.
  10. M

Haven't check 1st yet. Will check.
  11. M

SO last night I managed to get stuck on an iced up driveway and tried "rocking" the van from drive to reverse to break free, even used 3/4 of a bag of cat litter for traction, which did work, some what. Well I managed to move forward but kept spinning. After a few tries the transmission would...
  12. M

Great. TY for the reply.
  13. M

OK folks, any suggestions on what I can do to fix this issue. The bolt seems to be as tight as it can get and wont budge in either direction. It's causing some major rear sway issues while driving. *sorry about the huge image in advance*
  14. M

Solved The A/C blower is not blowing strong.

It's more of a deep foaming cleaner Gets all the way into the core. Spray it on,let it sit, hose it off.
  15. M

OK, here's an update. Went to Lowes and picked up a can of Web Coil Cleaner removed the blower motor and the speed resistor sensor. Sprayed the evaporator coil, let it sit, hosed out a bunch of crap, reassembled everything and gave it a try. HOLY Crap what a difference. The air is blowing nice...
  16. M

I'll give that a try.
  17. M

Yes, you can hear and almost feel the different speed settings, but HI feels like what low used to be.
  18. M

I replaced my blower motor last summer after the OE one died. My problem is that even with the new one it doesn't seem to blow as strong as the original did back when I first got the van. I did make sure there wasn't any obstructions in the duct work when I replaced the motor. Would a failing...
  19. M

Solved Front brake hose removal.

Didn't try that, although I did get a little flustered and gave it a "love tap" with a 3lb hammer and a chisel, popped right out after 2 taps. Issue resolved. I would have replied back sooner put my internet went down then I had to go to work.
  20. M

Solved Front brake hose removal.

Does any one have a "trick" to getting the front brake hose out if it's bracket? I have the new hose and need to get it in, but have to get the old one out first. The clip on the top side is already off but it doesn't want to budge. Will I have to cut the bracket to remove the old hose? Thank...
  21. M

Universal air intake tube.

Will do, thank you.
  22. M

Universal air intake tube.

Well time has taken it's toll on my air intake tube. The rubber at the intake has all but disintegrated and duct tape is my current "fix". Has anyone changed over to a Universal Air Intake System, and if so did you have any luck with it. Mine is a 96 with a 3.0 and I'm sure anything I'd...
  23. M

The shift lever binds, and feels stiff in my 1996 Aerostar.

There's a Lot of slop in the arm, will have to look underneath for the bolts.
  24. M

The shift lever binds, and feels stiff in my 1996 Aerostar.

Over the past few weeks I have dealing with an issue of the shift lever being difficult to nearly impossible to move. Sometimes I can shift from park to drive or reverse with no problem. Other times I have to pull hard and pretty much "jerk" the lever to get her into gear (drive and reverse) to...
  25. M

LED lighting.

They're HI/LO at 40 watt total.
Back