Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Had to give up the '98 5.0

Will do.
  2. B

Unfortunately the truth is I don't fish. I don't have a right arm and fishing was one of the things I tried but just gave up on. I took the kids out a few times when they were young but never kept up with it. Melvern Lake is usually pretty good for Crappie. My brother-in-law is a mechanic at the...
  3. B

The forum message keeps telling me what a loser I am because I never post so I thought I would update my Ex history. The '98 5.0 is still going strong. The kids got a lot of use out of it during the snows this winter. The 2000 is doing good, no more issues with the central locking now...
  4. B

Key doesn't work on either of my explorer hatches

My 2000 wouldn't unlock any door or hatch with the key. I assumed it had a replacement ignition so I pulled the door cylinder out while I had the door apart for other repairs. I planned to have it reset to the ign key but I noticed that with the cylinder in the vise inserting the key didn't move...
  5. B

Riddick I live near Melvern Lake, about 75 miles south of KC on I-35. Lots of KC folks come to the lake. I agree TG, especially on late model vehicles. I am sure a pro install would have looked tidy and had solid connects everywhere. The forum has been a great resource. Thanks Jack
  6. B

I pulled the Python out of the Ex this weekend. After trying unsuccessfully to stow that basketball sized bundle of wires under the dash I cut the 15 zipties and dropped it to the floor. There were wires that had been worn through rubbing on metal brackets, some wires were spliced by stripping...
  7. B

Thanks for the replies guys. DJ I have never felt much need for a remote start and getting one second or third hand doesn't thrill me. It looks like it might have been a pro install then other parts are pretty sloppy. There is no documentation with it so I don't know what I can and can't do...
  8. B

Just like the title says. Had to give it up. The wife said the new Grandson needed a 5.0 to cruise around in so I traded my son for his '96 Contour. You have to stand on your head to get a baby seat in there. Pretty poor trade for me but commands must be obeyed :). Saturday I picked up a 2000...
  9. B

trailers lets see them!!!!

Not sure if you were referring to the tiny travel trailer in my post Flounder but it is about 3 years old. I posted a pic with a link a page back I think. We just added the aluminum over the top this spring. Jack
  10. B

Here's the Ex in South Dakota this Summer. The 5.0 pulls that little thing like it isn't there. Jack
  11. B

This is the reason for picking up the Ex. The Ranger had 305000 miles on it's 2.3L. So thought it was time to upgrade. We built this from an old Starcraft pop-up. It is about 10' long by 6'-5'. Has a queen size bed and AC. What else would you need? Just finishing up retro fitting...
  12. B

How to: Quick and Easy 2nd gen Blend Door Replacement Tutorial

Thanks Magicland and everyone else. My blend door failed last Thursday. I've only had the Ex a few weeks and it worked fine until then. Got on here and found this thread and made the fix. I picked up my door a O'Reilly's for $11 and some change (Dorman 902-202 for my '98). I used the...
  13. B

Another new guy.

Hi Sam, no pics of the Ex yet but this is the reason that we got it. We will be using it to tow this Tiny Travel Trailer that we built from an old pop-up frame a couple of years ago. We will someday tow it with a '68 AMC Rebel wagon. The wagon needs an engine and tranny. Hi Dan, I can't...
  14. B

Another new guy.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Verno, I wish KU would get moving a little sooner, I wasn't worried last night but things aren't going to get any easier. I work in Lawrence so NCAA is more important than business right now. About a 1/4 of the employees are hardcore K-State. Thanks again. Jack
  15. B

Another new guy.

Hi all. My name is Jack and I have an Explorer. Admitting it is the first step right? We picked up a '98 XLT 5.0 AWD on St Paddy's day and I started lurkng here immediately. Thanks to the guys posting about finding the keyless entry code I have reset my pad to @%#&. You didn't really...
Back