Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Rough Idle/poor power

Literally everything you said, EXACTLY!!:salute: StreetRod, I just read your post and we were on the same wave, I fixed it this morning!! I had it scanned yesterday at AutoShaft and it threw P0306 (injector failure/low fp) and P0316 (crank sensor/coil) codes. I started with the crank sensor (for...
  2. S

Rough Idle/poor power

Didn't check the O2s yet, but I have a whole spare set of cats/sensors from a donar Ex. that I am going to swap in. (I am disabled with a fused back and it is hard for me to get under there!) I just wanted to get an ideal in the right direction before I just start throwing parts at it. The...
  3. S

4.0 SOHC....are they all the same?

Oh, I hear 'ya, I got a friend with a '9? model who gave it to his daughter with over 200k on it for her to drive to college .....its still going! Mine has been great too, but modifications are few, repairs are a PITA and I believe in PUSHRODS!! If the whole OHC concept was that great, then...
  4. S

I would just buy a whole donar and swap engine, electronics, AODE (which I have), the 5 liter would be easier to modify, make more power and I wouldn't ever have to worry about stupid placed chains again! Im thinking about doing it before something bad happens to my 4.0 and sell it to recoupe...
  5. S

Rough Idle/poor power

Right at 104-105 mph. It doesn't hit the rev limiter, the computer just cuts power to the engine somehow, because it doesn't go up and down rapidly like when you hit the rev limit, just a smooth power loss until it kicks back in.
  6. S

Thanks man, I wasn't sure about the years if they changed. Yesterday I went to a guys house who is parting out an '02 Sport and the engine was out of it and I see no reason why a 5 liter or a 4.6 won't fit, theres a lot more room in there than it looks with the engine in it.
  7. S

Rough Idle/poor power

When that happened I just parked it and started driving my Ranger, after a couple of months the battery went dead, taking the code with it. Not to sound smart but I gave that info in my first post, otherwise I would have noted the code....thats why Im in the dark. I tried to drive it around some...
  8. S

Rough Idle/poor power

Stumped everone ehh?:(
  9. S

I have read a lot of the threads on the 4.0 timing chain nightmare and the rediculous rear timing chain! My question is does my '02 ExplorerSport 4.0 have the same rear chain setup? If it does when I have chain issues, that POS is coming out and a 5.0 or 4.6 will take its place.
  10. S

02 Sport Trac. I'm thinking of putting a 5.0L or a 4.6L in it, and I need help.

I want to do the same swap, and thought about both the 5.0 and the 4.6. I want the extra power and something more easily modifyable than the 4.0. Don't waste your time telling me to get a Mustang.....I got 3 ('66GT, '94Cobra, '95GT). Im in the process of swaping in a 5 liter into my '95 ranger...
  11. S

Rough Idle/poor power

This is the first thing that has ever happened to my '02 ExplorerSport. I ran it at WOT for a while on an unoccupied section of interstate to see where it topped out at, everything was fine until I let off and coasted to the legal speed limit then the CEL came on and it was down on power and...
  12. S

New to site, not 'Sploders!

Hi all, I am new to the site but not Explorers, I bought my '02 Sport new in '02 and have loved it since. I don't know why Ford killed the Sport, because it's a fast and nimble little SUV. Although it is 8 years old, there isn't a scratch or dent on it and I have kept it well maintained. I...
Back