Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Crisis - Water Pump Bolt Broke

Thank you all for the great responses. I don't think your assessment is out of line, Bud. Fortunately for me and him, is that this problem doesn't have a deadline. With being laid off I have plenty of time and I let him know that as well. I would rather spend a few days researching (waiting on...
  2. S

I agree it isn't his fault My dad was saying that being its all aluminum now it is easier for this to happen. I know the guy is a good guy and that is why I am not upset at him at all. He has been very good with everything he has done for me and everyone else in tha hood. I didn't mean to sound...
  3. S

1998 Explorer AWD 5.0 V8. I had to replace the radiator a week ago and my neighbor is a retired mechanic so he did it for me. It didn't take long to notice the water pump leaking. I dropped it off to my neighbor this morning with a new water pump. He had a hard time getting 2 of the nuts loose...
  4. S

1998 Explorer 5.0 V8 AWD Owner Needs Help Please!!!

My dad came out and looked at it, and said I needed to cut the belt. So we did and it slid on easy. I got the top radiator hose off this time which helped alot. It looks like that is what caused the problem, the belt rubbed the hose and caused it to bust. We cut enough off there is no possible...
  5. S

I got the part from advanced auto for $7.50. It was a bit of a pain putting it in b/c I couldn't get the top radiator hose off and I don't know how to loosen the belt and put it back on correctly. I was able to get it on after making a few mistakes, but I think my mistakes are due to the hose...
  6. S

I got the hose off. Looks like it might be a ***** to get the new one back on. It would be easier if I could get that big radiator hose off, but it isn't budging and with my finances right now, I can't afford to break anything pulling the hell out of it. Any tips on getting the hose to slide on...
  7. S

Okay, I was driving home from work tonight. After driving for 20 minutes with no problems. I was stopped at a stoplight, when it turned green I had to give it the gas to get out of the way of a cop. I didn't stomp on it, just gave it a good bit of gas. Well the truck started to go, then it...
  8. S

Slight rumble/vibration coming from drivetrain on acceleration..what is it?

My 98 AWD Explorer started doing the same thing after some idiot ran into my front drivers side and pushed my vehicle to the right. I was at a complete stop when he hit me and he was going maybe 5 mph, but he didn't stop immediately. I thought it might have been out of alignment so I got it...
  9. S

How to Dsiable Factory Anti Theft System on a 98

My passenger door would not open. Today I finally got it opened. The rod running to the key mechanism was disconnected and jamming towards the rear of the door. I got the rod unjammed reconnected it and it jammed again. So I took it out. The door now opens, but it won't lock. So now the...
  10. S

Loose gear shifter... and what is this bolt?

Had the same problem, I found the bolt in the floorboard. I figured out where it went and got the right tool to tighten it and handed it over the the misses. Yep the wife was able to do this fix due to her size and me just having shoulder surgery.
  11. S

Driver door is stuck locked

I had the same problem. The rod that connects to the key mechanism was getting stuck behind the lock mechanism at the rear of the door. The guy I got the truck from was unable to open the door and I wasn't able to either. Today I finally got it temporarily fixed, because the door would not open...
  12. S

Door won't open

I have had the same problem for quite sometime. I have a 98 4 door Explorer and the front passenger door would not open when I got the vehicle. The outside inside handle did not seem to be connected to the rod and the outside handle did not work either. Today I finally took the time to try and...
Back