Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

t-case question?

Thanks guys!!!
  2. R

t-case question?

i apologize if i came off like jerk in my last post. i just need some solid advice because quit frankly, well, i'm broke. if his t-case won't work then i won't waste time, energy or money. if it will, then, finally i got some luck. really, thank you!
  3. R

t-case question?

no, i don't need the trans, just the t-case. any experts on this subject please, i really don't have the money to spend on rebuilds or having someone pull them both out to find out they won't work. thank you!
  4. R

t-case question?

I have a 96 2 door Sport 4.0 with a manual 5 speed and control trac 4wd (switch on dash has 2WD, 4WD AUTO, 4WD LOW). I have a rear output shaft bearing going bad in a hurry. A friend has a wrecked 95 4 door 4.0 Auto trans with control trac 4wd (same switch on dash). I am wonder, no hoping that...
  5. R

Grinding, I think from the t-case

more info... i was wrong about my switch. i assumed it said the same as my light. i guess i'm going blind! :) anyway my switch does say 2wd, 4wd auto and 4low. my VSS is not working so the ABS, speedo, odo and cruise aren't working right now. don't know if that has anything to do with it or not...
  6. R

Speed Control Deactivation Switch Recall (09S09)

I live in Crested Butte, CO and had to drive to Montrose, CO so it's a beautiful drive. And hey, I got to go to a Wal mart Supercenter too. Not a total loss. :)
  7. R

the closest dealership is just under 2 hours away for me. i got there about 8:30ish, did the paperwork. went to the bathroom and when i walked out of it the guy was waiting on me. handed me my paperwork and said "you're all set".that was it...another almost 2 hours home.
  8. R

going to have my 96 sport done tomorrow.
  9. R

bump. really could use some help. i've read thru a bunch of posts but don't see anything that might relate to my problems. thanks robert
  10. R

When 4wd is on I've been able to spin the rear wheels on ice or packed snow w/o spinning the fronts. When that happens I hear a grinding noise from under the vehicle. I have a few questions. 1. should I even be able to spin the back wheels when 4wd is engaged? 2. Shouldn't front and rears spin...
  11. R

speed sensor

Thanks, I'll check all of that and see about pulling codes ASAP.
  12. R

Keyless entry FOP

do you have an answer to http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302873 that question too? I hope so. Thanks
  13. R

Keyless entry FOP

i don't have the option. oh well, nothing a $75 kit won't fix right.
  14. R

Keyless entry FOP

thanks!
  15. R

Keyless entry FOP

I didn't get one with the explorer I just bought. It has electric door locks. How can I find out if my 96 explorer sport came with with keyless entry or not? I've found where to get an aftermarket FOP. However, I don't want to spend the $$$ on one or two w/o knowing it will work. Or can you buy...
  16. R

speed sensor

I just bought a 1996 explorer sport with a 5 speed in it. the ABS light is on, speedo and cruise aren't working . Aren't those symptoms of a speed sensor being out?
  17. R

88 to 89 2.9L BII 4X4 engine swap

I have an 88 BII 4X4 with an A4LD that is junk in it. However, it has a great running 2.9 in it. I've got an 89 BII 4X4 5spd with a junk 2.9 in it. I want to swap the engine out of the 88 into the 89. Am I going to run into any problems with the bell housings matching at the engine? Or is this...
  18. R

A4LD valve body question

Really? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137972 No really...LOL
  19. R

A4LD valve body question

Well, finally got the t-case replaced. No difference, still have the thump/clank and no reverse. Any suggestions? It is still stuck in 4WD high as well. Thanks Robert
  20. R

A4LD valve body question

Picked up a factory manual for the BII and a BW1350 is what it says it has in it. So I bought a 63K mile salvage yard BW1350. Mine has the electric shift so I made sure that's what the salvage yard one was. It also came out of the very same year BII. Got it yesterday and will be putting it in...
  21. R

T-case question

I plan on keeping the electric shift function. It's the trans I was worried about and have found the electric shift t-case already but it came from a manual trans vehicle. Thanks Robert
  22. R

T-case question

When buying a used or junk yard t-case. I know it matters whether it's an electric shift or manual shift. However, if you have an auto trans does the one you're buy need to come from an auto trans vehicle as well or will one from a manual trans vehicle work. Does it even matter? thanks Robert
  23. R

A4LD valve body question

If I get a used transfer case does it matter if it's out of a manual tranny vehicle? I know it needs to be the electric shift but, does it matter if it's manual or auto trans?
  24. R

A4LD valve body question

Excellent, thanks!!!
  25. R

A4LD valve body question

And your opinion on the thump? I might should also add that it is stuck in 4wd hi right now too
Back