Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Won't go into park

The problem has been taken care of. one of the bolts had fallen out so it caused the shifter to become loose and not go into park. It now goes into every gear perfectly.
  2. J

Won't go into park

I have done some research and i pretty much think my shift selector is loose. there is a good bit of play in the shift selector. I just want opinions before i go taking my dash apart to get to these torx screws. thanks.
  3. J

WOW! well here it goes 1997 v-8 AWD

Go ahead and build a whole dash and console out of wood :thumbsup: then that would really match.
  4. J

amp troubles

I got it in a trade from a guy, i was just curious to see if anyone could fix it. Its probably not worth it. I have a friend with a known working amp im hopefully getting soon to replace this one. thanks for the input.
  5. J

amp troubles

I have the MTX TNA251 250 watt amp. I had it professionally installed today and the installer said he didnt think it worked. It has 3 red lights and they are all lit up. and there is a very faint thump in the sub woofer, i know the sub is fine. any suggestions?
  6. J

1997 awd xlt

Thanks! The camo isn't holding up as well as i thought it would. Im going to have Line-X put around on the rockers as soon as i get some extra money! Things to come: Install sound upgrades--240$-tomorrow Tint windows 5% all around-- 100-270$ Line-X--200$ fix all oil leaks, and axle...
  7. J

WOW! well here it goes 1997 v-8 AWD

That grille is sick. :thumbsup: Any info on how you did it? that would be a great mod to make any explorer stick out a little bit!
  8. J

1997 awd xlt

Well i am finally upgrading the sound in the explorer! The santa in the big brown truck came today! I got the Alpine iXA-W404 double din touch screen unit, a JL 10W1v2 4 ohm, with a MTX audio Terminator 250 watt amp. Im upgrading the door speakers to JL audio TR570-CXi
  9. J

Pretty bad oil leak.

I have looked around and there isn't any oil above that points except for a bit of blow back. I use motorcraft oil fiters, idk if those are low quality. But i think it is the sending unit ill get pictures when the weather is better.
  10. J

Pretty bad oil leak.

Ok, I have the 5.0 and it has had a pretty decent oil leak i think its coming from the oil pressure sending unit, thats what looks wet with oil, and clean unlike everything around it. Or could it have anything to to with where the oil filter "holder" goes into the block. sorry about the lack of...
  11. J

Sputter and Bad gas mileage

And i forgot to mention i have the 5.0 and there is no check engine light
  12. J

Sputter and Bad gas mileage

Well, its been freaking cold here in SC. When it started getting cold my gas mileage has dropped a good bit. from 16-17 mpg to like 11-13mpg. Tonight a something new happened, I got to a stop sign and it spit and sputtered like it wanted to cut off. As far as i could tell there is not misfire...
  13. J

Spectre MAF housing adapter

Would this fit a 97 5.0 with stock MAF housing and everything else? http://www.spectreperformance.com/#CATALOG.8146 or this http://www.spectreperformance.com/#CATALOG.8145 ? or are there any other suggestions?
  14. J

copperhead shackles

why do they need to be bent out? i dont have an issue with drilling holes out
  15. J

Rally Stripes

black strips i think or a gun metal grey.
  16. J

cherry bomb vortex kit

well dang. it worked when they sent it to me. oh well, it just explained how back pressure in exhaust is not needed, and went into detail about it. http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Miscellaneous/exhausttheory.htm there yah go
  17. J

cherry bomb vortex kit

a wise member on here once sent me this link http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Miscella...austtheory.htm read this and it should clear the whole back pressure thing up!
  18. J

My 97X ... Just starting out

what paint did you use on your bumper? How well is it sticking to that chrome? I've been looking to paint my chrome bumpers but none of the paint ive tried sticks...
  19. J

Looking for some advice on a sub and amp

with the MTX sub and JL 10 inch what size amp wire do you recommend, and speaker wire? i have connections at the audio shop and as long as i have everything for installation i can get it done cheap.
  20. J

2nd Gen Front Skid Plate, TurboExplorer

If the price is right i may have to do this! i have been scared imma get a stick or something jammed in the radiator and stuff down there!!
  21. J

Tom's '97 XLT registry

man, Your 30's look bigger than my 31's :confused: . maybe because my torsion bars are cranked up a little bit... But i love the BFGs, good choice!
  22. J

copperhead shackles

i searched and i read good things about them, is copperhead fab. still around? i have been to the website. Im just making sure they are still doing business before my girlfriend orders my christmas shackles.
  23. J

Looking for some advice on a sub and amp

the box that came with the sub is the one from JL which is ported, and im getting it professionally installed by a pretty reputable shop around where i live.
  24. J

Engine dies when put in reverse

i had this same problem in a jeep i had, it ended up being the TPS.
  25. J

Pop In Steering Wheel

maybe the rack could be loose and moving when you accelerate.
Back