Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

What is leaking?

Here's the view from the top.
  2. M

What is leaking?

Can anyone help me figure out what is leaking? I'll embed a video so you can see what I see. I noticed a slow "oil" leak for some time now, but cannot figure out what needs replacing. Thoughts?
  3. M

2002 Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Problems

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259795 The above linked thread has a few pictures that helped identify mine.
  4. M

AC Issue - Cool not Cold

I got it cooling again with some R134 freon. The can said it would "repair" as well. So, i'm sure it will help with a small leak if there is one. For now, it's cooling fine.
  5. M

A/c cool not cold

I repaired this issue by adding R134 freon
  6. M

AC Issue - Cool not Cold

I'm having the AC blow cool - definitely not cold Today was pretty humid out so I turned on the AC and it never got cold all the way home. It was only about 70 degrees outside so my AC should have felt ice cold after having it turned up while driving on the highway. I tried different...
  7. M

A/c cool not cold

Did you ever find a fix for this problem? I'm having the AC blow cool - definitely not cold Today was pretty humid out so I turned on the AC and it never got cold all the way home. It was only about 70 degrees outside so my AC should have felt ice cold after having it turned up while driving...
  8. M

2002 Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Problems

I'm having similar issues with the temperature gauge reading cold. Code P0125 Anything to report after you took your vehicle to the dealer? Thanks
  9. M

P0125

I also have a Service Engine Soon light with a P0125 code. Did you figure out the problem?
  10. M

CSM Module

Stevenrob - did this fix your issue? I'm having the same problem with my 2002 explorer. Did you replace the module without having to have the dealer program it?
  11. M

'02 Explorer Transmission issue

Unfortunately, I'm the one the started this thread because I had a problem. But note that is was my own fault. I was inexperienced in changing my regular oil, pulled the plug on the transmission fluid...and the problems began. This was at about 143k miles. Expensive lesson learned.
  12. M

Great deal! I got mine for $5,000 but it had about 95,000 miles at the time. It has about 165,000 miles on it now. Started to have some electrical issues with power locks and such that I can't really fix myself, but I can live without. Sounds like you have the right idea.
  13. M

I ended up taking the explorer back to the same repair shop after about a week. The problem was better, but not fixed. They told me they would have to "rebuild" the transmission. That cost me a good bit of money and time. I think I took it back to them 3 more times even after the "rebuild"...
  14. M

Hard wiring a radar detector

I've heard all that before. So far my experience with the detector has been very good. Thanks
  15. M

Ha! thanks...i think
  16. M

I bought a hard wiring kit for my radar detector. There is a ground wire and a power wire. The wiring has a fuse already attached. I don't understand what to do with the power wire. It has a metal end with a hole in it. I'll include a picture:
  17. M

Rear Differential - Ring and Pinion

My knowledge on the differential is limited. I can say I had the Axle Bearing and Hub Assembly replaced on the rear wheels and it really helped with some of the noise. This is how I would differentiate the noises: Howl when pressing the accelereator = differential issue Go about 60mph, let...
  18. M

That kit in the first post has the bearings in it. Wouldn't you guys think I'd save by purchasing that Kit and paying the shop 3 hours of labor or whatever it may be?
  19. M

I have a whining noise coming from the rear. From what I've read, it is the ring and pinion that needs replacing. Auto Shop said it would be about $800 to fix. My questions for you guys: Would I save buy purchasing the parts myself? also Does the below description sound like the...
  20. M

No gauge lights

By accident, mine came back on. I left my lights on one day. Had to get jumped off. And then BAM.. gauge lights are back on. Maybe you can try taking the wires off the battery for a few minutes, then reattaching them. See if that works for a quick fix.
  21. M

Power Locks (only) stopped working

Thanks for trying BigR! Things that are working: My AC is back to normal. My radio goes off when I open the door now. All lights seem to work properly now. Power locks work again. Not working: 1. door keypad will lock the doors when pressing the two numbers at the same...
  22. M

Update 9/28/11 I have an update. Have been just living with manually locking doors. I also always have my headlights set to the autolamp setting so I don't have to mess with it. Figured out that my tail lights were no longer working with the autolamp headlights. BUT, all lights (even...
  23. M

No gauge lights

I have the same issue: - No gauge lights - Radio stays on after vehicle turns off and after door opens - Tail lights stopped working - Power locks stopped working (includes keyless entry) - Rear glass door will not open after pressing the button I did notice that my gauge lights and tail...
  24. M

I think a found a break in the wire. It only looks like the black wire cover was broken. The copper inside looks like it is still intact. Is this the problem? How exactly do I fix it?
  25. M

Do u mean the wire is split in half? Would I just choose a black wire for instance and tug on it a bit? If it is weak then it will come on out?
Back