Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

Still around mostly, been having some issues with the sploder, so I have ben dealing with them. Trying to find a new drivers side door since my window got busted out by some ####### and the interior door latch lever is gone and the window wouldn't roll up or down even before someone decided it...
  2. Z

31X12.5 or 33X10.5

3. Z

Explorer Forum License Plate Frames !!!

Posting this to remind myself to order one on payday.
  4. Z

Winch shopping? Comparison specs here:

So I am guessing that the xrc8 is plenty of winch for the ex? I just won one in a raffle and since mile marker control boxes are cheaply made and keep breaking, I am thinking of replacing my 9000# mile marker with the 8000# smittybuilt since the control box seems more sturdy at least.
  5. Z

Finally got a few shots of my EX Updated With new pics of my bumpers.
  6. Z

My rear bumper with swingout tire carrier

So...a couple of questions since I have 0 skill with a welder, #1 anyone found anyone who can make a bumper similar to this for us explorer guys and #2, if not or even if so, could i persuade you to build another one for my '93 sport since we don't live to far apart and if so how much would you...
  7. Z

Gracias for the info, I might have to check that thing out if I fnd myself crossing the western border any time soon
  8. Z

Very nice, would you mind posting up some general specs on materials used so I can get a local fab shop to make something similar to my '93, I want to move my spare to put in an aux fuel cell where it is currently located.
  9. Z

Slightly confused about SAS.

What about a ford F100? I found a guy trying to get rid of the Dana 44 and the Ford 9" out of an old F100 for $500. Will that work for a sploder? Also what year model Wagoneer? I found one on craigslist with a cracked transmission case for $700, its a 1979.
  10. Z

I was planning on going with the radius style as I was originally looking for a '78 or 79 Bronco and was going to use as much of what was still on the old heap as I could. unfortunately for me I have yet to find a bronco that I can categorize as an old heap as most of the ones I have seen for...
  11. Z

Great, thanks for the info. Any suggestions on vehicles with Dana 44's that will work other than the early bronco?...I am not having any luck finding anything for less than 3,000 in the bronco category near El Paso.
  12. Z

Ok I won't lie I am not very mechanically inclined and a little unsure of what I am looking at. I am wanting to swap a Dana 44 into my '93 sport but I am not sure if it matters which vehicle the new front end came from. I have found a low priced Dana 44 out of a 77 chevy for sale in El Paso and...
  13. Z

The greatest Idea for a skid plate ever

Awesome....now if I could only get the links to the companies I can buy this stuff form to work I will be straight.
  14. Z

D44 sas?

Thanks for the info guys, looks like I won't be finding out what gear ratio I am running for another weeks or so since I won't be out of Iraq until early-mid April. This has been Very Helpful, as soon as I get back to TX I am going to go dumpster diving for rundown old 78 or 79 Broncos, might do...
  15. Z

If ZAPV 90 isn't taken I would like to take #90, seeing as how my Zombie Squad fleet # is 0090. Gotta replace the drivers side door and the rear hatch on my Sport and then I will be Herculinering her, had 9 quarts of herc waiting to go on the truck for forever, just waiting on the doors. Then I...
  16. Z

Heck yes Zombie Squad...I have been a member for a couple of years now. Oh and if someone already asked this I am sorry but I got excited when I saw the Zombie Squad Link, I am preparing to Herculiner my Zombie-mobile and was just wondering how much bed liner it took you to cover the whole...
  17. Z

D44 sas?

Ok so here is the deal, I am wanting to do a SAS on my '93 sport but I am not sure what type of old model trucks used the Dana 44 I need to replace the Stock 35. Any help from some of the more knowledgeable members?...Also anyone know what gears the Stock '93 Sport 4x4 5spd is running? I can't...
  18. Z

?'s about Superlift SOA conv.

Thanks for the info. I was half expecting alot of flaming without much of an answer after my experiences on other forums with asking questions.
  19. Z

The greatest Idea for a skid plate ever

Has anyone actually tried this stuff out yet on something bigger than ATV? I would really like to know how well this works since I am attempting to turn my Stock X into a Rock Crawler on a rather tight budget.
  20. Z

?'s about Superlift SOA conv.

Sorry about this extremely newbish question but I am new to all of this and still somewhat confused by some of the terms. What exactly are you guys referring to when you say "TT" ?
Back