Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

I have a weird problem, and need help with my 2003 Explorer A/C.

I've just been dealing with this (although for me all the air was going through the vents and none through defrost). This thread shows a picture of shaft and lever that prevent the vent door from changing modes if they become broken/disconnected. It is entirely visible from the glove box on my...
  2. P

No Heat/Defrost in 2002 Explorer XLT ???

This is awesome! I think you guys just saved me because my car wasn't going to pass inspection because it wouldn't defrost. I literally was throwing in the towel when I revisited this thread. I'm not sure why it didn't click the 1st time, but glad I double checked this one. Does anyone have...
  3. P

2003 Explorer Only Vents + Floor; No Defrost

Ok, I'm making some progress searching on various sites: The issue I am having is with the Vent Door (an obvious enough name). I'm not sure if it is an issue with the Vent Door Actuator or with the Door/Lever itself. But if the mechanic's description is to be believed at all, and comparing...
  4. P

Ok, I guess I could have gone into more detail on the what they said at the garage to avoid that response. They said it's a flap on the heater box that is busted. They would probably be able to fix it without having to replace the entire heater box, but because they have to disassemble the...
  5. P

I have seen numerous threads/posts about people that are only getting air through their defrost. It sounds like that has to do with a vacuum leak. I am having the opposite problem where I get my vents and floor air fine, but nothing is coming out of my defrost. Apparently in the state of...
  6. P

2003 XLT power windows not working

I saw a couple old threads here to start me in the right direction. Checked the fuses and no problem there. So I pulled the driver door panel off. There wasn't anything glaringly obvious. I did check that the plug from the end of the wires to the switches on the door were secure. But I ran...
Back