Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

BW-1354E to BW-1350M, Bolt in?

I know, another silly question, but does a 88-89 Bronco II BW-1350M directly bolt in behind a 94 Explorer M5OD? (shift linkage aside) I need a new t-case and found the 1350 here in town, and I would like to use it. I don't really care too much about the strength difference as this is a bone...
  2. H

Wanted '94 A/C compressor, and...

Hey Guys, I recently bought a '94 that needs some love, so I'm looking for a few things: A/C compressor add-a-leaf and front spacers 4.10 gears BW-1354 transfer case, man or auto. Thanks!
  3. H

Weekend wheelin' @ 10,000 ft.

Over the weekend we decided to see if we could get to one of our favorite fishing spots. Well, we didn't make it but it sure was fun trying ;) We got within about 4 miles of the lake and where we stopped at 9,800 ft. the snow(slush) is only about 3' deep average so it won't be long now :D
  4. H

hvac man's best of 09' wheelin'

This was a slower than average year for wheeling, might have something to do with the economy but here is what we came up with. The trails include Montrose: Calamity canyon, Cactus Ridge. Moab: Green Day, Upper Heldorado, Behind the Rocks, and Rusty Nail. I threw in a few snow pics from...
  5. H

anyone running sirus radio with the factory ready set up?

Hey guys my dad is looking for some info on how to hook up his factory satelite ready stereo. He has an 06' that came with the CD player that is ready for the satelite but none of the antenna or recever. He has sirus in his wifes explorer but it is just the portable reciver. He is looking to buy...
  6. H

93' Convertible Sport ;)

Well I got bored today and felt like removing the top for the cage. Here is what I came up with. More to come in the following weeks as I build my cage.
  7. H

Anyone ever put a Ranger cab on X frame?

Hey guy's I was just curious if anyone has ever tried to put an X-cab Ranger on an Explorer frame. I might be interested in this swap because my body is almost completely gone anyway and what is left is pretty beat up.
  8. H

Tube doors

Well, I thought I would share this pic of my tube doos for anyone looking for some ideas on how to get more in touch with the elements ;) I built them a few weeks ago using 1.5" .120 DOM tubing for the frame and 1" .120 DOM for the cross bars. I fabbed mounting tabs to hold a jeep CJ soft door...
  9. H

Cut wires to door now no radio?

I took my doors off to make tube doors and when I cut the wires to the door the radio will not come on. I still have the rear speakers hooked up but no power to radio. Please help!! :D Thanks, Clint
  10. H

Coilover Spring Rate?

Hey guys I am getting some new Billstien coilovers in a few weeks and was wondering what spring rate those of you who are running coilovers are using. Thanks, Clint
  11. H

Rear bumper = work in progress ;)

Well, I started a new rear bumper project. I cut off the rear fenders at the same level as the tail light and bent a piece of 2" DOM tube to fit flush with the body. I am not even close to getting done but I went wheeling anyway ;) All I can say is "I'm glad I had that much bumper" because I...
  12. H

Pitman Arm Fact. Might be helpful to others

I have been working on my high steer this week and was trying to find a pitman arm that was totaly flat, but to my surprise I couldn't find a company that made one for the ford explorer/ ranger. I posted a 911 thread here and got an answer back saying that all ford pitman arms share the same...
  13. H

I need a flat pitman arm

I need a flat pitman arm *no longer 911* I am trying to find a flat pitman arm that fits a 93' explorer. I am wondering if anyone knows where to get one. Thanks, Clint
  14. H

How to: Clutch Switch Bypass

Hey guys whats up? I was searching for a good thread on how to bypass the clutch safety switch and was soon dissapointed that there was not much help. I then went out to the garage and started messing around with the wires and found an extreamly easy way to bypass the switch. What you will...
  15. H

Atlas 4.3 on the way- THANKS CoryL

I just wanted to say thanks to Cory aand I can't wait to get it :D If anyone here is thinking of buying a new Atlas please give CoryL a call first.
  16. H

Back from Moab easter jeep safari 04' *pics*

Well I have been home for a week now am can't wait to get back :D I might be going down next weekend also ;) I took a few pics over the week but mostly the last day...oh well ;) Here is what I have. ENJOY!! Clint
  17. H

Ford Focus: anyone own one?

I was wondering if anyone here owns a ford focus. My wife and I are looking into buying one and I was just looking for some opinions from people who have or have had one. We are looking into getting the ZTW wagon. Thanks in advance. Clint
  18. H

Center Force Dual Friction ?'s

Hey guys I think it might be time for a new clutch again and I was wondering if anyone here has tried a dual friction clutch. I am just wondering what you think about yours and what the good things and bad things you have noticed since you have had one. I used to run the center force 2 in my...
  19. H

Winch mount in the works

I started my winch mount bumper last weekend but I didn't get to finish. I am going to try and have it done by next week :D I have 4 more bars and a winch plate to weld on before it is done. Here is what the progress looks like:
  20. H

hvac man's 93' sport

hvac man's 93' sport (updated 5/15/04) Well this is it after nearly three years of installing and uninstalling mods I have finaly come closer to the explorer I have always wanted :D In one year I have installed a 5.5" superlift, superrunner steering, twin ARB lockers, 4.10 gears, custom...
  21. H

Easter Jeep Safari- April 4-11

Hey guys I'm planning on going down to Moab for EJS this year and already have my camp site reserved. I was wondering if anyone else was planning on going. I will be there for the whole week if anyone wants to meet up. Talk to you later. Clint
  22. H

ARB bumper...Interested?

Hey guys I was looking at a thread on another board where ARB was looking for someone to let them use their ranger to make a new bumper. I was just wondering why they don't make a bumper for the explorer, so.... I sent them an e-mail. I spoke with Tim from ARB usa and he said they would make a...
  23. H

Rubicon Trail Run June 2004

Hi everyone- My wife and I would like to know if anyone is interested in paying homage to one of the most famous trails in the world. We will be out on the west coast next summer and want to run the Rubicon along with any other trails we may encounter. We have wanted to run it since we...
  24. H

Thanksgiving in Moab :)

(return from) Thanksgiving in Moab :) Ok my wife and I are going to moab for thanksgiving and are going to be there the 26- 27 and 29-30. We have no family dinners to go to this year so we're gitting the hell out of here :) If anyone wants to join us come on over. We are going to have turkey...
  25. H

ARB Compressor, whered you mount yours?

I am haveing a hard time finding a spot under the hood of my 93 to mount the compressor for my lockers. Have any suggestions?
Back