Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Torque Converter won't unlock coming to a stop

***update*** Tranny overhauled. Internals replaced: TQ convertor, forward clutches, intermediate band, seals, o rings and gaskets. Truck up and running. Lesson learned, sometimes the electronic component isn't the root cause of tranny issues but at least if you have to take it to a shop for...
  2. S

Towed into the tranny shop today... Condition when it went in was almost complete failure of TQ converter. 1st gear was gone unless manually shifted to "1".. If put into drive it would stubble to hold 3 and 4th, bouncing around between. Wouldn't unlock and will stall at full stop. Shop called...
  3. S

No OD flashing light at all.... The 0320 code I have been attempting to cure was pulled by the tranny shop. No transmission codes at all.. The engine seems to be running fine... The transmission stalls out anytime I put it in "D" or even if I shift down from "D" to "2".. However, if I start...
  4. S

Annnnnnnd it's back. Except this time it's hunting for gears, stalling at a stop.... I had to drive home in 2nd... It's parked and I'm out of ideas...apparently this tranny wants to die.... 2000, Glacier, any ideas if you're still looking at this saga?
  5. S

**Update** Changed the following: IAC, TPS, Camshaft Position Sensor, Crankshaft position Sensor, VSS (Diff), Upper and lower intake gaskets, New plugs and wires. New rebuilt VB with all new solenoids. New T-Filter, Flushed all fluid (not pressurized) out cooler lines, replaced with Mercron-V...
  6. S

It's cleared and I replaced the Crank sensor with a new sensor. What a PITA that was.... No stalling so far. But I know better than to get my hopes up.. So all new sensors, I haven't replaced the coil byt I don't think it would have an impact at this point... The shifting is a little on...
  7. S

I have zero problem replacing it if I can be sure I have isolated it... I cleaned it today and put some dialectic grease in the connector to make sure it was making a connection. Do you think it would be best to just replace it at this point?
  8. S

Update.. Continued to trouble shoot: Cleaned connection crankshaft position sensor-applied dialectic grease. No change Installed new VSS switch located on rear diff-not stalling anymore but downshifts to first with an audible clank and feels like it will barely downshift in time to not...
  9. S

Alrighty then...first I will have to find it...then I will clean it an give a dose of dialectic grease.. See what happens... So 2000... I've found it I believe. Small 2 wire connector with a c- clip? O if I have the right one which I believe I have. I had to go from under the truck tomget to...
  10. S

So you think I need to look at the Crankshaft position sensor vs the Camshaft position sensor I just replaced? This is the one in the coil pack right? I am becoming totally convinced this electrical vs mechanical as it comes and goes, and I noticed that if I hit a pothole or drive on some...
  11. S

Well it went away and is now back... So I went to the tranny shop and they put a code reader on it and it was p0320.... WTF I'm thinking.... So as always I come here and start researching the p0320 code. It leaves me to multiple possibilities.. One of which is th CPS on the valve...
  12. S

Need Drivers side Valance(tan) with power seat openings for 2000 limited

Hey all- Need this piece to replace the original that has the tabs snapped off. 2000 Limited (plastic piece runs below the leg next to the door-houses seat heater, lumbar inflation switch)... Has been hard to locate! Please let me know if you have one.. -Jeff
  13. S

So I may have saved myself a trip to the tranny shop being on this site... Even though I have set the levels of the fluid at least three times since I pumped out the old fluid (at the trans cooler-while adding fresh fluid).. The level was way down again. I'm not losing any fluid, I think...
  14. S

Thanks 2000... I've gone through a few different exercises to try and eliminate this TQ converter from staying locked... I will test the PCM's voltage tonight to make sure it's operating correctly... It's new so it should be. But it doesn't hurt to check. On a whim, I checked the fluid...
  15. S

It's going in tomorrow, but in the meantime I'm trouble shooting other things that may be causing it.. And yes it shifts pretty hard from 1-2 and 2-3 and downshifts in those gears the same way... I have isolated the stalling issue down to the TQ converter not unlocking from 5th when coming to...
  16. S

*** solved*** Torque Converter won't unlock coming to a stop Some quick facts to do a level-set for you: *133k miles 2000 4.0 SOHC Limited, 5R55E trans (NOT AWD), 4:10 LS * Truck had OD light blinking, new valve body was installed and cured issues.. * After VB replacement, the trans...
  17. S

Thumping sound please help!!

Maybe try and borrow some tires or swap off another vehicle with no issues before spending big $$$ on new ones just to be sure?
  18. S

Thumping sound please help!!

I had exactly the same issue. I replaced everything as the truck was new to me. It turned out the tires were cupped in front due to an alignment issue. I also moved the tires from front to back. It basically moved the thumping to the rear where it is more tolerable for now. You may try...
  19. S

OMG! Three hours and I can't press the damn Ball joints back in with C-Clamp! HELP!

I forgot to put the joints in the freezer-Damit!....I will put the other three int there now...A couple hours do it? I think I will try to hammer the stuck one in with some pipe and a BFH...:hammer: Thanks for the reminder on the freezer..I will go do it now...
  20. S

OMG! Three hours and I can't press the damn Ball joints back in with C-Clamp! HELP!

Okay all, This is ridiculous. I have the upper ball joint pressed in as far as the head of the Bjoint flush with top of knuckle :mad:cylinder. I have a a breaker bar and can't move it anymore. I have the car half in the garage because it was raining and need some 911 here. I have gone...
  21. S

Tie Rod ends or what?

Appreciate the response... I can see slop as I move the tires from 9 to 3. My question is: Should the drag arm though the inner tie rods be tight with no play? Or is there some play necessary when in spec? Most of the thumping is gone but I did inspect play in the area along the drag arm...
  22. S

Tie Rod ends or what?

So installed the tie rod ends and it removed about 85% of the thumping. When I had the wheel in the air I repeated the 9 to 3 test and the movement is still there. However the thumping is almost gone. Much better. When I moved the tire back in for there was movement through the rack still...
  23. S

Tie Rod ends or what?

Is there a sticky for "Outer Tie Rod Ends"...i've searched but cannot find one...
  24. S

Tie Rod ends or what?

Thought so....I'll report back after I get them installed...
Back