Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

1993 stock Explorer

sorry it has an automatic transmission Will have to think about registering and posting. not really equipped for major teardown myself either Live in northeast Ohio, about an hour south of Cleveland
  2. N

1993 stock Explorer

Have a 1993 stock XLT Explorer with almost 200K on it. I upgraded to a 2002. Still have the 93 but wondering whether it is worth my while to register to parts it out? Body is poor, but there are other parts that might be saleable like seats, glass, etc. Still start it up and let it run for a...
  3. N

roof leak

you did everything I did and it fixed my problem. More than likely it will fix your leak as well. Here's hoping anyway
  4. N

How did water get in there?!??!?

I think not all drains are the same. Mine are all molded into the plastic frame. (no cracks or places where there are silicone could break. Then on the outside of the frame are little plastic nipples for the drain hose to stick on. As you say there are 4 (1 in each corner). I have had no...
  5. N

mine wasn't a flood. Just the roof liner would get wet to the touch. I still have not figure out how you get to the the front drains. My sun roof may be a bit different than yours (2002). The drains are in each corner but are molded as part of the sun roof frame. The front ones are in under...
  6. N

where did the water come from In my case I don't think it was the sun roof drains at all. All seemed intact but I did blow them out anyway. When I had the upper seat belt cover off at the drivers shoulder I noticed that there is an upper L bracket that goes into the pillar to hold the upper...
  7. N

Well I discovered that if you take the door seal off and remove the upper covers for the seat belt you can drop the ceiling liner far enough to get your hand in and pull the back hose loose. I got it out and blew a couple good blasts of air down there and ran a small wire down as far as I...
  8. N

I pulled down the rear door seal and I can see the rear tubes. I have to find a long nozzle to reach them. I pulled the inside trim from the the moonroof since it was raining. I did see a drip coming from one of the bolts that hold the roof rack. It is never a fast leak so it still may be...
  9. N

I was able to see the 2 front tubes and ran a wire down in them part way. Can't see that there are any rear tubes at. I can't imagine how you were able to put silicone on. Mine attatch somewhere inside. I have the trim strip off on the inside now so hopefully I will be able to see where it is...
  10. N

funny how a search didn't find these. now I have to go back and edit my new question thread.
  11. N

roof leak

I have a 2002 XLT Explorer. Bought used. Has a moon roof and roof rack Soon after I had it I noticed that after a long rain I get a wet spot on the head liner just behind the drivers head and above the seat belt retractor. It doesn't get wet enough to drip on me but there is enough to make it...
  12. N

Front end "jumping" when making tight turns and noisy front end

Have you changed tires recently? I thought I could get by just changing the rears since they were the most worn. The front started hopping under load and when turning corners. Two new tires on the front and the problem went away.
  13. N

Puddle light lens replacement

I looked at used mirror assemblies on the web but couldn't be sure I was getting a good one or the correct one. I didn't even try a dealership. When looking for new ones I found what I needed at usaautoparts and had a new assembly within a week for roughly 1/2 of the price at a dealer.
  14. N

Driver's Side Mirror

got mine from US Auto Parts 30 + and shipping. Total around $50. Looks like the same thing that is already there. Hope I don't drop it when I' installing it
  15. N

2002 Eddie Bauer Front End Noise

had the same problem. I thought only the rears needed new tires since the fronts still had good half tread on them. Boy was I mistaken. Explorer acted like I was having misfire under load. Ended up putting new tires on the front as well and the problem went away. 2002 Explorer has what is...
  16. N

Keyless entry pad code location

I can see the box but can't get the lower panel out far enough to see anything but some alphanumeric part numbers Broke my little inspection mirror now I will have to try again later One refinement on the upper trim piece. If you pull off the rubber seal you will see 2 metal clips holding...
  17. N

2002 Explorer rear seat

center rear seat Since no responded to my query I figured I would need to figure it out on my own. I thought I would have to remove the seat back cover and did so only to find out that it was much easier than that 1. Flip the the left rear seat 2. Remove the plastic mechanism cover (1...
  18. N

Would you buy a 2002 XLT 4.0?

I just purchased a 2002 XLT one owner vehicle for $9,700.(86,000 miles) I don't know where you find a 2003 for 10,000. Everything around here is going about 1,500-2,000 higher than book regardless of miles. 10K does seem a little high but with only 60,000 miles it might be worth it. I know...
  19. N

2002 Explorer rear seat

Just purchased a 2002 Explorer with the 40/20/40 rear seat. The center fold down seat was down and when I pushed on the latch to release it the plastic rod broke. Anyone know how to get it to release short of drilling a hole into the plastic rod for a long screw? I'm fairly handy and can...
Back