Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

O/D Lt

Scanned and found code for 2nd gear long shift. Can't remember code and exact wording. Inspected and found band out of adjustment, adjusted bands and roadtested shifts great. On my way home from work sat I saw a '04 silverado sitting in a lot and ended up trading it in. I know we fixed my...
  2. R

Started on some Gap Guards today-

For you and the other guys not running these I would highly recomend installing them. They shouldn't cause a heat issue, they will keep debri and water out from under the hood. There's too much electrical under the hood to worry about. The sole purpose is to keep the outside elements out.
  3. R

Intermittent Shuddering on takeoff

How long has it been since last fluid change? If you don't know or it is more than 30k ago I would change it and put in additive. If the fluid has been changed more recently then you can add additive.
  4. R

O/D Lt

It's not caused by the fluid level. The fluid is at the correct level and it came on twice while towing again. Shut off and restart and it stays out. I have not seen it while driving without trailer, but I only live about 3 miles from work so I don't drive far when empty. I guess I scan it...
  5. R

Intermittent Shuddering on takeoff

It's probably in the LSD, try getting a bottle of additive for the rear diff from ford. I have been told when the additive breaks down or when the rear diff fluid is changed and the additive is no put in the clutches will cause a shudder.
  6. R

O/D Lt

I don't think the codes for the trans stays in history. The lt probably has to be on to pull codes. I never think about scanning it when I'm up at my service dept. If I remember I'll pull the codes and report back. The lt hasn't come back on since but I will be towing again on saturday.
  7. R

2002 Brake Controller installation

What are you going to power off the aux line?
  8. R

O/D Lt

Just checked the fluid, it's a little down. It's between the dots I need to bring it up into the crosshatched area. Color is great, like new and has no burnt odors. there is only about 15k miles on the fluid.
  9. R

O/D Lt

Thanks for the info. I forgot to mention it's already got a new valve body installed about 3 years 15k miles ago.
  10. R

O/D Lt

It stayed off after restarting, I was about 2 miles from home then. I always tow with OD on I think, button on shifter doesn't work. I think there's a broken wire in the column haven't looked into it.
  11. R

2003 Steering Problem: Steering Wheel Sensitivity at High Speed

G.M. calls it an EVO sensor, I'm not sure what Ford calls it. There is a sensor that adjust the amount of power steering assist for the speed of travel. At higher speeds less assist is needed. I would think you have a EVO / steering position sensor failure or poss a pump failure.
  12. R

O/D Lt

Yesterday while driving my O/D off Lt started flashing. I was pulling a trailer with lawn equipt. probably about 1500lbs so a pretty light load. I did climb a steep incline that I go up once a week loaded. Is there a normal cause for this?
  13. R

Windows Tinted

Looks good. Everything I tint I go 20%. 50% is legal here in Cincy but thats so light theres no point in doing it then.
  14. R

Radio won't turn off plz help

Dorr switch is probably part of the latch.
  15. R

Radio won't turn off plz help

A lot of newer vehicles are set up so accesories stay on until a door is opened, radio, pwr sindows etc. If it shuts off when pass door is opened you probably have a failed door latch. Not sure on fords but on g.m. vehicles the command that the door is open for this circuit comes from the latches.
  16. R

Reverse/Rear view camera

You're going to want to rerun that wire. The way it is routed it is against the metal edge and will rub through and cut the wire over time. Pull the wire back out put a small hole in the center of the grommet just big enough for the wire to come through. If the hole is too big you can use a...
  17. R

brake light

Parking brake probably didn't return all the way. Everytime I use mine I have to hold the handle and use my foot to pull it up all the way.
  18. R

Lifted! Easy part done.

Hubcentric rings aren't spacers or adapters. They slide into the hub area of the wheel to make it sit secure around the lip on the hub. They act as a centering device. When you put a wheel on and you have to hold it centered while securing lug nuts then you could use hubcentric rings. They...
  19. R

cleaning injectors

I would take it to a shop if you don't have the equipltment to do it. The in the tank stuff helps but doesn't do the job of tying into the fuel rail and running the chimical right into the injectors.
  20. R

cleaning injectors

Vacc line won't clean the injectors, except for the very tip. That would put the chemical into the cylinder. You need a injector cleaner that hooks up to the shrader valve on the fuel rail.
  21. R

when in 4 wheel drive

Are you running same size tire with about the same amount of wear at all four corners?
  22. R

2002 Sport Trac Transmission Service question

I don't think it's necc. to drop the pan to replace filter. I would do the trans flush. We had a silverado with about 200k, slipping trans and black fluid come into the shop a couple years ago. We tried a flush to see if it would help before rebuilding trans, it didn't help but when we tore the...
  23. R

2003 Sport Trac - Rear Brakes

There should be plenty of room. I have never taken a line off to replace pads. Is it a hard line or rubber? I have never seen a hard line to a caliper but if thats the case it may need to be removed.
  24. R

Tow hook recommendations

Are there any junkyards in your area? You could probably pick them up used pretty cheap. Are the mounting holes on the ft frame to bolt them up?
  25. R

Gas Cap

The flap is not sealed and will not cause a light to come on. If you look above the cap there is a open area to help vent the neck while fueling. If the flap sealed it off then the area aboce would have to be closed off to create a seal. The most common cause of that code is a fuel cap but could...
Back