Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

what model of trans came in 99 4.0 SOHC ?

thanks millions.
  2. R

what model of trans came in 99 4.0 SOHC ?

I am trying to figure out what model of tranny came in my 99 4dr 4x4 4.0 SOHC explorer. Its the fancy one, 5 speed auto, its not an AWD and has the selector switch for 4h, 4l, etc. I am lost as to the make of the trans.
  3. R

what trans came in 94 ranger 4.0 4wd ?

I got a 94 ranger 4.0 4x4 with a 4 speed auto trans, I dont think its one of the old A4LD tranny's, but what is it, anybody got a clue ?
  4. R

Rear wiper fix?

Garth, What blade are you using ? Maybe you should post what brand and size you are using, part number may help too. This might save some us some serious dough and keep me from bending my wiper arm.
  5. R

Rear wiper fix?

My personal opinion of the Ford TSB is that they acknowledge that there are problems and have developed a way to effectivly repair them. Yes, there are many TSB's on the Explorers, but at least Ford acknowledged this. Unlike the giant GM corp, who will mass produce milliones of vehicles with...
  6. R

Life of SOHC engine

don't pay too much for an Explorer. I just bought a 98 (Yeah, I know its old) but it only has 28K on it. Was owned by elderly couple since new and I gave $12,000 for it. I have seen plenty of explorers and mountainers for reasonable with next to no miles on them. Take time and look around...
  7. R

Life of SOHC engine

OH, SOHC motors. I dunno. I got one with 17,000 miles on it. I bought a rollover 99 4x4 4dr with 17k on it 2 years ago for parts and never done anything with it I did drive one of these once for a weekend, very impressive for a 6 banger.
  8. R

auto-locks, how to auto-UNlock ?

no, the lock solenoid cycles to the un-lock posistion when I turn off the ignition. I can almost recal how I did this on my 95 Limited. Was some goofy code, somehting to do with the keypad on the door. On the 95, it would either onlock only the drivers or none at all, Its kinda foggy, been a...
  9. R

auto-locks, how to auto-UNlock ?

My 98 Explorer XLT will lock the doors automatically, but when you shut off the ignition, only the drivers door will unlock. I have read the owners manual, but it only shows how to dis-able the entire system. I just want it to unlock ALL the doors. I seem to remember on my 95 LTD, there was...
  10. R

Rear wiper fix?

I think that with as many problems as we have with wipers, Ford whould have done a TSB or silent recall. The rear wiper on all 3 of my explorers NEVER got the entire glass. Never. I had a 95 LTD, 99 XLT 4dr and just got a 98 with 20K miles on it. I just cant believe that this is such a...
  11. R

Life of SOHC engine

I have always had good luck with the 4.0 motors. I just sold a ranger 4x4 with the 4.0 that had 150K on it, and was daily driver for 150 mile daily commute. The only thing I ever had to do is clean to corrosion out of the tcase motor. My 95 Explorer LTD had 140k+ when I got rid of it and it...
  12. R

Reprogramming Remote Keyless Entry

how to unlock ALL doors when key turned off On my 98 XLT, how can I get it to unlock ALL the doors when I shut off the ignition ? It locks all 4, but only unlocks the drivers door. I could not find any info in the owners manual.
Back