Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Battery Light Flashing & Low Battery Gauge

I know it's and old thread, but for those searching I've had this happen a couple times. All things point to the Alternator, Battery, ground issues and should be looked at, but check the connection of the MAIN wiring harness on the fire wall. It has one 10mm bolt and I have had to disconnect it...
  2. D

Do you have a block heater in your Explorer?

My 2000 5.0 has a factory installed one. Plug in located right above the license plate. Going to -20 tonight so happy to have it.
  3. D

Can feel every single bump in the road

Lots of good feedback here. About the only thing not mentioned is your leaf springs my be shot too. This will likely show a sag in the back and every time you hit a bump your gonna feel it cause your riding on the rear axle. Check the posts on F150 leaf spring swaps for the X. I was suffering...
  4. D

Towing with bumper hitch

I suggest you get under the X to see if rust at the bumper or mounts are an issue. You should be fine assuming the tounge weight is is specs. I towed a 18' Lund boat for several years with no problem. Watch the junk yards for a hitch to install down the road.
  5. D

Stupid Speaker Issues

I'm having the same problem on the Drivers front. It's just dead. I thought at first it was the speaker. I went to the junk yard and tested two pretty new replacements and they were dead too so I think it's a connection somewhere. My thought is it is likely a problem with the wiring harness...
Back