Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

window trim removal

window trim w/hail damage got dents on passenger door and right back window trim which is riveted on.....looks terrible so I want to replace them obviously.....does anyone know how much trouble to replace and how much they cost???:mad:
  2. 9

sohc plug order

thanks for picture but I do not understand it. is the blue the coil pack? if so my pack sits horizontal and has 3 above and 3 below and they are not numbered so I do not know if the wires are hooked up correctly. Haynes manual shows block 3 6 2 5 1 4 front my...
  3. 9

idle problem after changing plugs and wires

no there not numbered....I took one at a time so as to not have this happen. I posted another questions relating to this topic about the order on the block and on the coil pack. Can you help?
  4. 9

sohc plug order

Can anyone tell me the order of the plugs on the engine block? The passenger side? is it 123 or 321 The driver side? 456 or 654 And the coil pack has 2 rows of 3 and my Haynes manual shows 3 rows of 2 so I am not sure of the numbering so I can make sure my wires are correct. Please...
  5. 9

idle problem after changing plugs and wires

I changed plugs and wires and put wires on in order they came out but now it will hardly run. It idles like crap and makes a popping noise if you give it gas. What did I do wrong? Also, can you ground out a plug wire? if so how?
  6. 9

pcv valve location on sohc

No all the time, rpms jump from 500-1000 and when it nears 1k I get the vibration.
  7. 9

True, cold here too. I just hate the dealer, they take soooo long to get things done around here and it is just too time consuming. I have a life ya know....
  8. 9

That is what I have been reading, I am about to turn over 50K on mine and I really do not know if it is bad but I have been getting this annoying vibration when running and the rpms seem to bounce around between 500 and 1000 so I thought I would replace to see if that helped. The part was only...
  9. 9

That would be great if you would do that. I see you are a Ford Tech, can I ask you some questions regarding some recent problems I am having with my ride?
  10. 9

Haynes shows it on the valve cover on the regular 4.0 but not the sohc. I am getting an odd vibration when idling under 1k whether in park or drive. Do you get it at all in yours?
  11. 9

I cannot find it, I have a Haynes manual but it does not state the location. I bought a replacement but it is not doing me any good in the box. Any help is appreciated!!!
  12. 9

noticing noise when idling 1k in drive

It started as a rattle but now is a vibration. I noticed today it is not as bad. It is very cold here and yesterday the high was 18 degrees so that may have had something to do with the high idle process. It is idling now below 1k and the vibration is not as apparent but yesterday it would...
  13. 9

yes I did but I do not have those symptoms... What about torque converter problems? Mechanic said it could be that but I give up. When I accelerate to 1K it does not vibrate but anything lower in RPMs it does. Today it did it while in park when before it was only while in drive. Your...
  14. 9

installing shocks

thanks for the info everybody.
  15. 9

installing shocks

does rear need to be elevated on both sides at same time to change or can you elevate one side and change shock then elevate other side and change shock? Same for the front end? I have done this before.
  16. 9

Question About 00M12

no cold idle problem...had a new IAC installed not long after I got vehicle....vibration only when idling in gear between 700-1000 rpms. funny thing is its not constant, comes and goes......
  17. 9

installing shocks

how difficult is it and what tools are needed to replace front and rear shocks? Any suggestions on what shocks give a comfortable ride on a 4x4 that do not cost alot of $$$? Any help is welcomed. Thanks
  18. 9

Question About 00M12

I did that and found a lot of stuff on it, thanks! Also, if this is the problem would the check engine light come on? Can I just go to AutoZone and hook up a system tester to see if anything is going wrong since the light is no on? I just hate spending time at the dealer for crap like...
  19. 9

Question About 00M12

where do you find info on 00M12? Is it thru FORD or on this message board?
  20. 9

I am not familiar with tensioner problems, what is it, where is it and how do I fix it? I am getting the sound again, the suv can idle normally and no sound or vibration, or even give it gas and nothing. If the rpm goes over 1K then back down to about 700 I get the vibration and sound. Very...
  21. 9

TPLYNCH, The shields were nice and tight so it has to be something else loose....any other suggestions?:(
  22. 9

4.0 SOHC is the engine....it does kinda sound like sheet metal banging against steel....so the heat shield may be the problem....I am going to check it out tomorrow. Weather has been rainy and cold but tomorrow looks sunny and fairly warm, good day to give it bath and check out the...
  23. 9

A Weird Clunking Noise!

I get it too...let me know what it is and how much it is to fix or if it is an easy do it yourself job.
  24. 9

mine is not shaking, just when you put it in gear the rpms go to around 1k, then I hear a rattle sound. Sounds like something vibrating in the rear, maybe tail pipe or even the bottle jack rubbing against something in the back panel. Does not cause any problems just a little annoying...
  25. 9

I need to know what code D2 on the axle means

thanks again. I was looking at your pics, is that blower on a 4.0? How many horses and how much torque are you getting? :redexp:
Back