Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

anti theft bypass?

i took the sensor out that does that cause i use my truck for music while im workin doing roofing and it bugged the **** out of me but not no more
  2. B

anti theft bypass?

ok sweet man thanks
  3. B

anti theft bypass?

hey guys i had someone try and steal my 98 explorer sport and now i cant get the thing to start ignition has been yanked. even if i put a flat head in the mechanism and try to start it, it only cranks over the starter but doesnt sound like its gettin fuel what can i do to get my beast back up...
  4. B

1998 ford explorer sport compatability and questions

hello everyone. My friend snapped my steering column cause we lost the keys and now im curious to see the compatibility for other explorers for getting a newer used steering column. what would the labor times be and whats the best method for getting the job done. Responses greatly appreciated...
  5. B

98 explorer sport 4.0 179k km

So how much height do you think I would gain if I add some secondairy leaf springs and how many should I get cause I would like to raise it up a little in the back and how much would I gain from the new shocks if any atall
  6. B

So I took care of the cv axels and the hub assemblies but I still have shaky steering and had my abs light on for the past couple weeks or so just took care of my breaks and rotors next is the shocks! What can anyone tell me about the leaf springs in the back is there supposed to be the main...
  7. B

Warrior 153 shackles install with pics

so would these warrior shackles work on a 98 explorer sport or what?
  8. B

Well I got a funny idle the check engine light went out though. I do have what sounds like a clunk comin fromn the front end its light and happens once every rotation of the tires. And do you know of a cheaper way for me to get a 3" lift cause of my suv bein a 98 and has the coils front and rear...
  9. B

I have a few questions about my stock explorer? what would be some of the simple ways to find out why my check engine light is on besides fluids? what should be something things that i should think about changing sittin at 179000 km? this vehicle was sittin for about 1.5 years before i got...
  10. B

Cruise control won't set

hey guys i have the 98 exploder....explorer sport 4.0L efi and was curious cause for mine the cc wont engage at all it seems like something wrong with the switch cause i replaced the module to see if that was the case but so far no luck. how would i go about removing the cc switch when its...
  11. B

Gas Milage... How to get the best?

hey guys i got the 1998 4.0L EFI sport how much change should i get from changin to the synthetic oils and as for the underdrive pulleys, custom PCM tunes how long would it take to do it myself? and what about this chip is it worth it??? (if its only $70 and gives you 6 more mpg)...
  12. B

Gas Milage... How to get the best?

how the ##### you delete this sh*t
  13. B

Oil pressure gauge issue.

i just find it weird how my needle is below the low mark as if it did a full counter clockwise rotation and now it just rests on the underside of the L on the gauge
  14. B

Oil pressure gauge issue.

Hey guys im curious about my 98 4.0L sport i just got it about 4 weeks ago and still haven't been able to figure out WTF is going on with my pressure gauge. It seems to me that the guy that had it before me did something under the hood and now it starts below the needle so when i run it i don't...
Back