Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

shift solenoids

thanks for the info, I saved vb. out of my 98 5r& now one is bad in my 96 4r
  2. B

shift solenoids

are the shift solenoids the same in a 4r55e & 5r55e
  3. B

4r55e shifting problem

yes vb bolts tightened to specs, & bands to 10 inch lbs 1 1/2 turns out, are shift solenoids in a 5r55e the same as 4r55e
  4. B

4r55e shifting problem

i INSTALLED NEW SEP. PLATE & GASKETS & BLOW OFF VALVE , READJUSTED BANDS, IT SEEMS TO SHIFT FINE NOW ,BUT , NOW HAVE A CODE FOR SHIFT SOLENOID C STUCK
  5. B

4r55e shifting problem

just rebuilt 4r55e in my 96 ex. now its won't shift out of first unless you let up on the throttle shifts into thre other gears just fine it seems to down shift ok , just hard shifting out of first
  6. B

New here need Opinions

have three x's 98 with 215000 & 97 with 170000 & 96 with 99000 the only problems i have had were wheel brgs. timming chain tensioners , door locks , seat recliner handle , & 1 trans problem , not too bad for close to 500000 miles between the three
  7. B

Trans. Id

thanks this is the info that i needed
  8. B

Trans. Id

if the x was drivable i could count the shifts but its hard to count them while you are pushing it
  9. B

Trans. Id

you guys were no help , what # on trans tag tell me what trans. I have
  10. B

4R55E separator plate.

thanks for the info was getting worried that I got wrong parts
  11. B

4R55E separator plate.

just got new plate today gaskets were not bonded to plate , got sep. gaskets , ordered from ford per tsb , did I get the correct part for my 96ohv? all of the info on here says that the new plate has a bonded gasket don't want to redo the same job twice , please advise thanks
  12. B

Trans. Id

How can you tell the differance between a 4r55e & a 5r55e, is there a visual differance or do you need part numbers , it seems that there are possibilitys that what should be in your explorer per the year isn't always the case. Ford is just like the other auto makers they use what they have on...
  13. B

solenoid swap

have a question that I hope someone can answer, will the shift solenoids out of a 5r55e work in a 4r55e, i have a good 5r55e , would like to try & save money if they will work.going to replace sep. plate & blow off valve tonight
  14. B

slow 1-2 shift

I have1996 which is slow to shift from 1-2 any sug. on were to start
  15. B

just found your site looks like a lot of info to be had & shared , hope I can help someone , I own 3 explorers 1998 210000 miles / 1997 176000 miles & 96 with 99000 miles ,the 98 has been one of best vehicles that I have ever owned, has to be one of the toughest suv ever has gone through 2...
Back