Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Advice Please: Transmission Shifting and Vibration- What could be the problem?

Thank you SethMorgan once again for your helpful response and advice. I will follow up soon on the outcome.
  2. S

I might apologize in the delay response these 12 hour shifts are killing me. Thank you Exproblems and SethMorgan for your helpful response. Sorry for being a noob but when the dealer told me "unstable" cylinders does that mean that they are misfiring? If all the cylinders are unstable...
  3. S

Okay, so I decided to hold off on the transmission until I know for a fact and that it shows(symptoms) 100% or at least close to 100%. So....about the vibration..... I'm not sure how a mechanic at a dealership would diagnose a vibration problem. I told them and they seen no CEL was on. They...
  4. S

Do you think there are any pending codes and how exactly does one check for them? -I went to AAP and the guy said that their scanner only can pick up codes if the CEL is on? Would it for something to be wrong with the tranny without the CEL being on? I know there is something wrong, I just...
  5. S

So got to the dealer and they told me that its $160 buck to diagnosis the transmission if not covered under the extended warranty..... i thought twice and decided to reschedule as I would be annoyed paying for them to tell me "they couldn't reproduce the symptoms". Here is what is going on...
  6. S

? Regarding ESP Rental

Search the form and couldn't quite place my finger on where to place this one. Please forgive me if this isn't the right section. A year ago when I had the rear diff. overhauled and some other work done, it took a little bit over a week. No cost to me expect the $100 deductible and a free...
  7. S

Thanks ExProblems, I appreciate you taking the time and responding to my concerns. Very Helpful advice :)
  8. S

First Problem: The transmission shifts hard making a bang and jerking feeling. This doesn't happen all the time, I would estimate it to be about 50% of the time. I have heard about stories when people getting their transmission worked and and within a short duration they were stranded on the...
  9. S

What is the brightest Halogen headlights for explorer?

Thank you Oxygen for your reply and advice. :)
  10. S

What is the brightest Halogen headlights for explorer?

I am currently looking for a way to brighten up my headlights. I know I can get HID but I am currently not looking to send $1,000 or more on headlights right now. What is the best bulb to place inside of my explorer to give me more light? I have done some research for the brightest headlight...
  11. S

Engine Replacement Help

I hope that is a dealer price and not a independent mechanic shop. but it is too high anyway. and if you are paying close to 4k than i believe it should be a lot of less miles on the engine than 80k. I would shop around before paying that much. I would recommend to check junkyard as they...
  12. S

A couple of problems with the explorer..any ideas?

Thank you andre244 and Exproblems for the help, I will update this as soon as I can. Thanks again to everyone :)
  13. S

Thank you Wills for your response. I will update with the problems once I figure these problems out. :)
  14. S

First problem: Transmission hard jerk once it gets to about 25-30mph. It happens at both accelerating and decelerating but usually happens more when decelerating such as when I take my foot off the gas. Its happens on hills(up and down) and when level. Would flushing the transmission help or are...
  15. S

NEED HELP ASAP..please

sorry for being a noob....but how exactly would you do this? do you have to jack it up to look under it?
  16. S

Another failed transmission story... and question.

I can't tell you about your first question but about your second question...I had a 99 XLT that OD light flashed i lost the 2nd and 5 gears as well. I drove with it like that for so long and nothing happen except when you are at high speeds such as 55-60 it would sometimes drop in to neutral...
  17. S

Chrome grille

Joe is correct EB is painted satin gold...if remember serves i don't recall seeing an 04 EB when i was looking for one with chrome grill (from the factory at least)..could be wrong?
  18. S

Back up sensor acts funny

I am guessing that your sensor(s) are probably bad. Here is a thread that has been helpful to many people with problems with sensors. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225265 if you have any problems try to post on this thread above, since there is 3 pages of information...
  19. S

Will 87 with 10% of ethanol hurt your vehicle if not flex fuel?

thanks for the information....and LOL yeah that was a typo....i shouldn't post early in the A.M. without having coffee first...thanks once again
  20. S

Will 87 with 10% of ethanol hurt your vehicle if not flex fuel?

I have been using e87 fuel with 10% ethanol but I don't have flex fuel. I know the ethanol causes more corrosion to some components of the vehicle and possible damage. Should I change from this particular gas station or is it safe to use? Thank in advance for the information.
  21. S

02 Explorer was towed, now problems!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285798 They might have done something that caused the problem but you have to prove that they did something wrong. Hopefully someone with more information will chime in.
  22. S

Another ESP or waste of money?

No payments ....I dont believe in borrow money and paying interest on vehicles because they decreased in value. I just don't wanna pay for something which i wont need but than again people have claim to have it pay for itself with a big repair. i hate blackjack by the way...lol seeing thing like...
  23. S

2004 ford explorer with wind noise.

maybe something in this thread can help to a possible solution: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=273814 if not the weather stripping than possible the door needs to be slightly readjusted..just a guess this sounds like a good idea to pinpoint the exact location...
  24. S

Another ESP or waste of money?

yes it is a 4x4.
  25. S

Dump question about resetting the keyless entry

JoeDirt is correct. I believe that no matter how much you change the code, the original code still works. I never understood this so people who previously owned or knows the code can get access to the vehicle at anytime
Back