Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Weird noise from drivers side

I'm not sure what's causing it, but sometimes when I'm slow down to a stop or almost a stop, there is a whining sound coming what sounds like under the hood on the drivers side. I'm not entirely sure since I can't produce the sound while in park. I checked the brake fluid, which was still full...
  2. L

ABS light

I guess I'll just put in the new sensor. It's so cold outside, so I wanted to make sure I only have to take everything apart once.
  3. L

ABS light

As far as I could tell, they looked the same.
  4. L

ABS light

I recently changed the front wheel bearing on my '98 4x4 Ex, and instead of replacing the ABS sensor with the one that came with the new bearing, I kept the old sensor. Now my ABS light turned on, and it wasn't on before. I was wondering if there is some special way to install the sensor in...
  5. L

Engine cranks but won't start.

I had a problem like this a few weeks ago. The car wouldn't start start unless I pushed the gas pedal, then would die if I tried to idle. I cleaned and lubricated the throttle body and that did the trick. Starts and runs fine.
  6. L

No Horn or Cruise Control

I figured out what the problem was. It did have to do with the harness, but the harness itself wasn't bad. It was the left side cruise control button. It had somehow been disconnected from the harness at some point and wasn't properly plugged back in. After putting everything together properly...
  7. L

Do you have a part number for that harness? And I already checked the fuse.
  8. L

I'm trying to figure out whats wrong with the cruise control and horn on my '98 explorer. Neither work, but the airbag light doesn't indicate any problems, so it's not likely that the problem is the clock spring. Additionally, when I use the remote to lock the car, the horn chirps. I already...
  9. L

'99 Explorer Rear Rotor Issue (currently on jackstands- please help!)

I'm having the same problem on my '98 explorer. Does anyone know which way the adjuster gear for the parking brake needs to turn? I haven't been able to get it to turn at all, and I don't want to work too hard and end up making the problem worse.
Back