Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Misfire Cylinder 4 Code P0304

Tried that, no difference. Next thing to try is an injector?
  2. R

Misfire Cylinder 4 Code P0304

I've done the same things (plugs, wires, coil) and am getting the same fault code along with the random engine misfire code. I have been experiencing a little fluid loss without any drips and was wondering what was going on. Sounds like I'm in trouble here. I faied my state emissions because of...
  3. R

Pulling codes p0303 and p0316

Watching, mine is doing the same now. Changed plugs, wires and coil. Worked so smooth for a few days and back to shaking and throwing codes P0304 & P0316. Any other fixes out there for recommendations?
  4. R

2005 Explorer shaking, flashing check engine light

My 05 just started doing this today. Leading up to today, I had previously gotten codes indicating a misfire within the first 1000 revolutions. I have replaced the spark plugs, the coil, and the spark plug wires. The code cleared and I drove about 75 miles before it came back on and now has...
  5. R

No air blowing out of front vents, defrost, floor. Vacuum Reservoir(Plastic globe) is disconnected

I have a 2005 Explorer that had the blend actuator replaced by a used car dealer when I bought it over a year ago. Well I get air flow through the defroster and vent, but not at the floor. It's cold out now and I need to fix it. I remember past posts with pictures and everything where vacuum was...
  6. R

05 Headliner starting to come down

Mine is doing the exact same thing. Drooping down from windshield, about 8 inches across and 4 inches in. When I press it back up, it stays for days. 3m spray stuff, here I come!
  7. R

Check Charging System

I know this is over a year old, but did it solve the problem? My 2005 just started doing this (Not with the same frequency and extent) when starting/pulling away from a standstill stop. The battery light flickers and "Check Charging System" message flickers for a half of a second. I've glanced...
  8. R

grrrrrrr check charging system

Check charging system when pulling out into traffic My "Check charging system" light flickers and the warning alarm/beep only comes on when pulling out into traffic from a dead stop, like from a shopping plaza or something like that. I'll have to go check those fuse able links. At least I have...
  9. R

What do I need to add auto headlights?

Cool, THAT'S the type of info I'm after. I'll keep researching (just started). Thanks!
  10. R

Thanks for your opinion anyway!
  11. R

OK, I just took my 02 XLT Explorer off the road and bought an 05 XLT to replace it with. The 05 does not have auto headlights, but my 02 did. What would I have to do to add the auto feature to the 05? I assume (but am not certain) the same sensor comes standard on the dashboards of both, so can...
  12. R

New member hello + A/C Problem

BigRondo, I now have the same problem that you did. I replaced the blower resistor and went from only "High or 4" setting working to 1, 2 & 3rd (the same speed) and 4 working. I can't live with that either, so I'll be buying the switch this week. Now for my other issue. My AC seems to...
  13. R

passenger window problem

I just plugged in the new motor to the factory plug. It only went in one way too. My guess is the previous owner at one time either did some re-wiring or the wires were reversed accidentally at the factory when putting the motor together. It works in reverse order from both the drivers 4 button...
  14. R

passenger window problem

I've got one for you all. My window wasn't working, so I replaced the window regulator/motor with a complete assembly. I've done them before on my older Explorer, so it was pretty routine. When I plugged in the motor to the wire in the door, the window worked, but backwards. Pressing closed...
  15. R

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

Thanks BigRondo and everyone else who contributed to this thread! It took me about an hour and I did not have to cut anything. So nice to have have heat and ac at the turn of a dial again! :salute:
  16. R

I've been lucky. My "02" has 202,700 miles and my actuator just now went. Vehicle has treated me very well thus far. I love Explorers!
  17. R

Just ordered my actuator from Rock Auto for $55. Same OEM part. Gonna tackle this once the weather starts to get warmer. Did a temporary fix by going through the side of the glovebox, reaching down to the top of the heat door, tying on a 14" tie wrap and feeding the end through the side of the...
  18. R

Solved Everything you wanted to know about PATS.

Can this procedure be done with just one working PATS key and a new blank? Everywhere I read it says you need two original keys, but I only have one. Am I **** out of luck?
  19. R

Short Antenna (Pics)

Never mind, it's a bezel and I ordered one on Ebay for $10.
  20. R

Short Antenna (Pics)

What about the plastic cover that covers the hole on the fender that the antenna goes in to? Mine was ripped off and run over before I bought the car and now all I have is an opening, which can't be good for the car since water pours right into it. What is it called and is it a dealer part only...
  21. R

leak in drain line for sunroof

There are FOUR (4) drain hoses, check them all when you pull the headliner down. You don't have to pull it down all the way and there is plenty of room to see all 4 hoses if you have the sunroof open when you check it. Let me know how you make out!
  22. R

Keyless entry pad code location

There was only one 5-digit number on the front of the security control box that was behind the middle passenger seat. I tried and don't get why it won't work. I'll look forward to the info, thanks man!
  23. R

Well, I found the code and it doesn't work. I tried everything listed and went online to see as well, but nothing works! It does not seem to be the same code. Maybe somebody changed it out at one point? I did everything and am as frustrated as ever!
  24. R

Thank you Sir, but why don't we hold off (unless it is easier for you to do tonight) until I try getting the factory code in the next few days? This forum has been a life saver for me and my Explorer!
  25. R

Actually, like another person has said, I checked my keypad when it was pitch black out and son of a gun if it didn't light up! I was shocked. The interior lights went on when I touched the outside keypad, but I couldn't get any responses from typing in any combinations of numbers. I even tried...
Back