Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

How to test 4 wheel drive.

here's one 4 yah the best way i found is to tie the truck off, to a tree or sumpin. put it in 4 high, and give'er the beans. then look out the window, if the front tires are spinnin it works.(if the 4x4 is weak you'll find out too) thats how i tested my 95 x. AND SHE TOOK IT(ripped the pole...
  2. B

chraging problem/stereo

Maybe a faulty ground, i use 0 gauge wire in my installs, same size in and out. Where do you have your ground? If it was a painted spot did you remove the paint? I had 3 jackhammers that needed 6 batteries on top of the trucks battery and upgraded alt.that had 7000 watts poundin those 1 other...
  3. B

Door Locks

My 95 ex does the same thing, but if i toggle the switch, a bunch it will eventually start to work for a little while. So im thinking its more along the lines of a bad connection in the switch. Due to something like water getting into it,and rusting it up in there. When i fix it i'll post the...
  4. B

Fluctuating engine temperatures

hmmmmm think i know i think it would be temp sesor or the temp sender my 96 ex is showing simila issues. goes up to bout 3/4 then drops to bout 1/6,up and down, dont fan clutch thermo, everything but sender and sensor. think the parts are like 35 bucks for both
  5. B

idles for a minute

clean your t.b.(throttle body) and check for vac leaks. change air filter, did your mech. clean the little felt breather on your IAC? id check that before you bought another,and id clean the t.b. before also. but i had that idle problem right before my pdfe sensor pooped out (with no cel)then...
  6. B

Wind noise creeping in

could be something pushed up into the groove that recieves the window,not letting it go completely up....stick a blade up there and see if you feel anything up there.or check your window track in your door,systematicaly do the whole dang door
  7. B

Mylomeister - 1995 Limited Explorer

hey he might be young but.... he's rockin that explorer. only 16, man i had a dodge omni at 16:rolleyes: hey thats cool though, just dont pimp the x into the ground.keep it up little man, do what you do it looks nice:salute:
  8. B

HELP tubing question

was wondering do you have to use sikicone rubber tubing to connect a pdfe sensor to the exhaust tube? and would the bulk tubing from orileys be silicone rubber? or just rubber. it was .49 a foot looked to be reinforced with strands of ?
  9. B

Two Questions About Subs

blue to blue i always in this case connect the remote to the antenna. easiest way ive found. and for ground i drill where it fits the application best. been doing car audio for 10 years+
  10. B

water in the dpfe sensor

geesh so there's like half of it on there.just enough to cover the back bend in the tube. the link you added was amazing. in depth as could be expected, i know why i like this forum, its people like you that make it easy for the people like me that need the help of seeing it.:thumbsup: your a...
  11. B

Idle Issue

vaccum solution vaccum is easy just spay starter fluid around your vaccum line connetions, if the idol changes theres your leak. my original pdfe sensor went at about 115,000 miles and then again at 135,000. they say its all about the condensation forming in the exhaust, so i'm gonna try some...
  12. B

Idle Issue

take your pdfe sensor off see if theres moisture in it. my 95 did that before the sensor took a sh*t.about a week or 2 then check engine light came on yup pdfe,dead
  13. B

WTF now... Turbo/turbine like whine in 1st gear.

whine my 95 does this to when the trans is not warm sounds like you need a tranny flush or fluid and filter change 130 bucks for non-synthetic fluid flush. could the tranny be over filled? when making this noise? mine is a smidge over level
  14. B

got a ford

there you go big dirt, sport was the other one i was lookin at. you good....
  15. B

Low Voltage to EVR

voltage problem i believe i am having the same problem. the check engin light came on after awhile and woulndn't u know the pdfe sensor took a sh*t on me again. looks to have water in it so will be changing it out this weekend. there are loads of threads on pdfe sensors chech it out:D
  16. B

got a ford

thnx for the love you all. i think this site kicks butt,and i will be on here offten.
  17. B

water in the dpfe sensor

thanx for the tip,i dont think it is on there i'll be going out to look.
  18. B

shaking/ vibration when i turn the steering wheel

hmmmm i think it might be dry ball joints. my 95 did this and when i put it up and hit the ball joints with some grease it went away. they are worn a bit so it needs it every once in awhile. hope this helps if its not air in the line:smoke:
  19. B

water in the dpfe sensor

so guy and girls, any new ideas on how the water is getting into the dpfe sensor? only thing i can think of is that it might be sucking air or whatever through the connections or hoses. gonna replace it and try those ideas and post back any info will be b appricated thanks for any help :thumbsup:
  20. B

got a ford

well what can i say i bought a ford. now its a on going work in progress i guess. this site has had just about every ? i could think of plus acouple. the other members seem to be very helpful,so i figured why not. i can use all the help i can get.....lol anyway im brad. it'll be a pleasure...
Back