Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2003 v8 4x4 started pulsing or bucking tonight.

Everyone agree this will solve my problem? Are there any other side effects to having new/ old tires. Any issues with the abs sensors. Basically my computer is going to be constantly trying to engage 4wd which even if I cut it off and it cant that doesn't sound good.
  2. S

Does this make sense? Ford says my 4wd is kicking on and off all the time because my truck thinks its slipping. The truck did just get new tires on the front. The rears were Ok and I was planning on replacing them in the spring. So now when I drive it just goes in and out of 4WD and...
  3. S

It looks like my problem is in the trans...
  4. S

Well I just stumped the CarX mechanic. He had no clue. It only happens after 10-15 minutes of driving. Then once it starts 3 things happen at once. There's a mechanical "hit" like your driving over a rough road. There's a noise that sounds like a belt or bearing squeal. Its not crazy...
  5. S

Hey guys, I was driving home from work today and my Ex started sort of pulsing or bucking around 20-30 mph. It did it a little bit when accelerating and also when braking. Before I got home it quit but I just tested it again and its back. The engine doesn't do anything its just like...
  6. S

4R70W, 1st to 2nd==WHIPLASH

Damn I saw this too late... I was going to bet on the spring. I used to have a Mark VIII
  7. S

Seriously??? Cracked transmission case 2003

Has anybody rebuilt one of these?
  8. S

Seriously though, is there anything I should be looking for in a case besides worn, oversized, or eggshap bores? 800trans has them for 200. (not new) Is there a better place to get one?
  9. S

Well once all the fluid is gone the sound will most likely go away.
  10. S

Ha I dont know why this would happen either. It was a cold start, about 0 degrees and as soon as the engine fired I heard it go. Then glug glug glug as it pumped out about $50 of Mercon V Ohh is it an S? Are 2wd units different? Will any 5r55s accept the transfer case or are there 2 tail...
  11. S

BTW it's a 4x4 V8 with 85,000 miles
  12. S

Well last month my EX wouldn’t shift out of first because of a broken solenoid. I changed both of them and everything was working fine until Sunday night when I went to cold start my EX and I hear a "ting" sound and oil is going everywhere. At first I thought it was an oil filter failure and I...
  13. S

wiring question for installing alpine head unit

I found the answer! Apparently there was a TSB for the Alpine CDA 7998 that stated when the head units remote wire is connected to a relay the relay can cause some sort of interference in the wire and it will cause the unit not to hide itself after the car is turned off. Apparently the TSB...
  14. S

Second Battery Question

Ha, that will do it. Have you upgraded the factory ground wires? If not I would do that too...
  15. S

Second Battery Question

What’s taking all your power? I see HIDs in your sig but no audio equipment. I would make sure your alternator is working first.
  16. S

Second Battery Question

^^^^ what he said.... I don't know about the saftey concerns with mounting a car battery inside but there is no problem wiring them in parallel. They could also be wired in series which would double the voltage (bad for a car) but it wont hurt the batteries. My boat has 3 batteries my...
  17. S

wiring question for installing alpine head unit

I just installed my Alpine CDA 7998 that features a motorized face that hides itself when the car is turned off. It seems everything is wired correctly however the unit usually wont hide itself. Its supposed to hide itself 30 sec after the power is turned off. It does this occasionally but...
  18. S

single cd to 6 cd player

I'd love to sell you either of the ones they have but they are both junk. Mine didn’t work when I bought my car and neither did either of the replacements I tried. If you find one on ebay make sure they have a return policy for non working units. I had no luck finding a replacement for mine so...
  19. S

Who has stealth box from subthump.com? Opinions?

I was going to build a box for my explorer to go where the stock one was but then I saw that subthump.com has one for cheap ($129) for the drivers side of the car that pretty much meets my exact needs. I wont have to hack up my trim panel and I dont really enjoy woodworking anyhow. I saw at...
  20. S

Suggestions for running amp power cable through firewall 2003 Explorer

Hey I just gone done with my install. I ran 1/0 wire and didn't want to share a grommet nor did I really see a good one to use so I drilled a hole and used a new grommet right next to where the steering shaft goes thru the firewall. In my 2003 alot of the other grommets were covered by a...
  21. S

1995 LSC MARK VIII good deal??

I had 2 97 Mark VIIIs. I was lucky enough to never have any major problems including the air ride systems but as old as the cars are now its almost inevitable. With all the bells and whistles small things will come up but they are great cars. If you get one a transmission JMOD is a must, and...
  22. S

resetting the oil change warning on the computer.

Does your setup button just not work? Maybe a bad switch itself or a bad connection somewhere. I've only had my ex for 2 oil changes and have by no means memorized how to reset but each time I changed the oil I figured it out in ~ 30 secs.
  23. S

Dynamat

Is 1 of those really enough for a whole explorer? Some cars I've seen have dynamat covering every inch of the floor and wheel wells and on the inner and outer door skin. Is all that necessary? How heavily are you guys putting it on?
  24. S

are infinity speakers any good

I like mine... Kappa Perfects in front 6x8 rear
  25. S

How much room is behind the sub trim panel in a 2003

Thanks thats the first pic I've seen of that panel removed in this gen explorer. I ordered my sub and amp and just hope theres enough room to build the box I want but it may just be too deep. I do have a plan b and c though. Surely something will work.
Back