Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Intermittent smoke with codes

So heres the deal being a 15 year technician sometimes karma, god, the car gods or the universe in general decide that as you get really good at something (such as the gift of being able to listen to or pick up a certain smell on a vehicle and know exactly what is wrong with it) you will be...
  2. M

manifold exhaust bolts

Just ask for the exhaust manifold to head bolts. They will probably just show you a picture and have you point them out or they will ask you if you want the long or short ones. They may even sell them by the set. Some may say that you can just match them up at the hardware store but those will...
  3. M

93 Explorer head gasket replacement

I have seen a lot of post here about the taking the manifolds loose before removing the heads. I have done 4.0 heads about 15 times when I worked for Ford and I can tell you that disconnecting the manifold from the y-pipe and removing the exhaust manifold bolts afterward is not just easier but...
  4. M

manifold exhaust bolts

They are a dealer only item I just had to get two, one in each length and even then the dealer had to find it in another state but I live in a po dunk town were the only ford dealer is in the next town over.
  5. M

clutch back together but cant get system bled

The best way I have seen is to open the bleeder and the cap for about 2 to 3 hours making sure that you have some extra flued near by to top off the fluid as it goes down. I would lock the doors so that no one can get in the cab because I have more than one of my apprentices get in a vehicle and...
  6. M

clutch back together but cant get system bled

accidental second post of the same thing sorry.
  7. M

Intermittent smoke with codes

I will start off by asking you to forgive me for any mistakes in terminology, I am a fifteen year G.M. master tech (don't hate me from the beginning). I have a 94 explorer with a 4.0L and manual trans that I just picked up. This is my first Ford. It had a cracked head so I replaced. both with...
Back