Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

6R60 Expert in Clearwater FL?

Fluid level Would too much fluid also cause problems? I checked it yesterday, stone cold, and the whole dipstick was covered.
  2. D

Zero volts from the alternator

Another weird electrical issue thread My daughter's Explorer had been giving random dash warnings (low tire pressure, check charging system) for weeks. Then the other night the dash flicked, the lights went out, the trans went to limp mode all within a block of the house. She limped it home...
  3. D

Thanks, That is part of my suspicion too. My mechanic keeps on insisting that he is using the correct fluid but I dunno. Has anyone ever tried Amsoil ATL in a 6R60? Don
  4. D

Hi, I am looking for a 6R60 expert in the Tampa Bay area. I had mine (06 4.6 V8)rebuilt a year ago at about 120K miles and it just does not feel right. About 10k miles on the car since. Symptoms - Occasionally defaults to being stuck in second gear. Usually cold. Stop and restart the car...
  5. D

06-07 V8 Spark Plug Issue - Change Them Early?

Yes it did. I will add that the vehicle runs even better after the PCM and TCM reflash. Don
  6. D

2006 explorer radiator

Update: I tow occasionally with my Ex to I decided not to tollerate a leaky radiator. I bought a replacement unit from 1-800-Radiator and A/C. The good - $153.00, lifetime warranty (whatever that means) and free next day delivery. The bad - it is a Chinese made replacement (as so many parts...
  7. D

06-07 V8 Spark Plug Issue - Change Them Early?

My Spark plug replacement story My vehicle had been “bucking” slightly under partial load (slight acceleration from highway speeds). It had been getting progressively worse over the last couple of months. No “check engine” lights but the dealer advised that it was probably plugs or a coil pack...
  8. D

OD on or off?? 08 V8 6sp

I have an 06 XLT V8 two wheel drive with towing package. I tow a 1500 lb open car trailer with 2500 lb car and gear. It tows well. I figure I am adding 4500 lbs when towing. If I read the manual correctly the vehicle sould have 7300 lb towing capacity. No problems right? I am here scanning...
  9. D

2006 explorer radiator

The 16psi cap did not work. I a going to buy a Visteon unit with a lifetime warranty and have my mechanic install it. Does anyone know if the PCM reflash is required for V8 models? Don
  10. D

2006 explorer radiator

My 80000 mile V8 just started leaking a few weaks ago. I can't see exactly where it is leaking but I did notices that it is only like 1 drop every 30 seconds or so. It is painfully slow.....I can live with that vs. $500+.... How long can I go with (aka tolerate) such a leak? Or is it it...
  11. D

6R60 trans fluid temp ('06-'10 V8 only please)

Interseting stuff. Can you monitor engine oil temp as well? That might be useful when towing as well. Has anybody checked into reflashing the OBD to enable the trans to stay in 5th / locked converter longer? In simple situations (like a small grade or a slight head wind) I think keeping it...
  12. D

5R55W Fluid Fill

Recently had my fluid changed in my 06 Explorer, 4.6 V8, 6 sp 6R60, 80000 miles. I read all of these posts but I am not that handy and did not want to screw around in 90+ degree heat so I decided to have it done by a professional. I called around this area, talked to a few shops and ended up...
  13. D

6R60 trans fluid temp ('06-'10 V8 only please)

BrakeMan - Can you provide some detail on the scan guage? What is it? Where to find it? How much? I recently towed an open 5000 lb car trailer for the first time (thanks for the advice on the Prodigy P2 by the way. It works great) with my 06, V8, 6R60. I had no way to monitor...
  14. D

Oil change warning??

Yeah I got what I needed on a second attempt. it must have been in a bad mood earlier. Thanks
  15. D

Oil change warning??

On Line Owners giude Thanks but that link has timed out. Is there an access code that I am missing?
  16. D

Oil change warning??

Reset - how to? I bought my Explorer used and don't have an owners manual. So I don't know the reset procedure. I too change my own oil and did so within the last 1500 miles. I set it to 100% but it still gives me the "change oil soon" warning. Can someone please advise the proper...
  17. D

V6 vs. V8: MPG

06 V8 mpg (2WD) My daughter drives the car 95% of the time. All city, heavy foot. The computer says 13mpg most of the time. Fortunately for me she buys most of her own gas ;-) I drove it last night on a 70 mile round trip combo 65% highway / 35% city purposefully light footing it and got...
  18. D

5R55W Fluid Fill

Fluid Change Is the procedure the same on 06 and up 6 speed trannys?
  19. D

06 v-8 soft brakes

It may be a master cylinder going bad. But before you have that replaced try having the system flushed with new fluid. My recently acquired 06 with 70000 miles had a soft pedal which bugged me. It would not go all the way to the floor but it would keep going (and creaking) another 1/2 inch...
  20. D

V6 vs. V8: MPG

I get about 13 around town and 22-24 on the highway in my 06 4.6. Not bad I suppose. I really like the torque of the 3 valve V8. It really gits out of the hole.
  21. D

Brake upgrade?

Mike10 - Which Hawk pads dis you buy? Standard, Ceramic or HPS street? Do you still like them? Einstein - What is an XCal3? Don
  22. D

Keyless Entry Help

I agree, I could never be patient enough for that. I called my local dealer and they said thay charge $40.....$40? I blow that much on drinks at dinner. Screw I am just going to take it over there. Don
  23. D

Keyless Entry Help

I just bought a used 06 Explorer and either the PO or the dealer took all the books and records (why do they do that?) Anyway, I have no keyless etry code card. Ford says that the code is on a sticker on the ECU. Where is the ECU? Thanks in advance Don
  24. D

Gen IV Towing questions

I triedit o another computer thinking that my office computer may have some kind of firewall. Same result. Might this have anything to do with being an "Elite Explorer". Dave if I send you my VIN will you try it then send me the PDF? Don p911sc44@hotmail.com
Back