Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

tranny swap

I want to make my explorer 5.0 2wd can i just use a 4r70w tranny out of a v-6 96 or 97 mustang or van or 150 2wd tranny and change the shift linkage as long it is a 1996 or 97 v-6 thanks phil
  2. P

1997 explorer 5.0 tranny downshifts

1997 ford explorer 5.0 tranny down shifts when let off the gas change tps with a used one same think no code only tps code change it code has not came back yet 125k
  3. P

The definative '96 - '01 PATS, Fuel Pressure, Injector, and Wiring Harness Thread

sorry for butting in but i need help with wiring. i want to put a explorer 5.0 in my 64 f100. I do have a complete 96 5.0 setup but it is a awd. Will a tranny out of a 96 3.8 mustang work. And can i just run new wires from the 43 pin block. witch wire are run start and fuel pump. or should i...
  4. P

TMH Hardware.....use THESE instead

i have about 15k on mine STILL WORKING GREAT, They do get hot
  5. P

rjcooperss396 V6 to V8 Swap

i think your CR is 8.4 with the .030 piston down they make diff pistons so it will be close to 0 deck JMO
  6. P

Torque Monster Headers Install Write-up and Review

They are accel 9001C I dont remember the Ex part # I will look out in the shop. I no they are 9000C MUST HAVE A "C" at the end I order a complete set of 115 Degree and then i order 4 With 90 degree. I just wanted to have a few extra JUST TO BE SAVE! This is my D-DRIVER. They have worked...
  7. P

Torque Monster Headers Install Write-up and Review

I see u ordered the ceramic boot PLUG wires and cover IMO this is a must with TMH i have 16k on mine and they are still working great, Dont cove the cermic boots just the wire,What ones did u order? Dont not touch the ceramic boots when the engine is hot, they are as hot as the headers. Make...
  8. P

5.0 Exhaust Thread

I have a AP exerator XS2588 SS dual 2/12 inlet 3 outlet TM headers No rear cats 3 inch tail tipe out the back like stock. It is 22 inches long fit good. some drone at 60mph makes noise when u step on it, I mite put a resanator to quite it down a 14inch would be way to load for, me they are...
  9. P

anyone know of some mods for a v8 awd?

If u live in northern MN I work for $40 hr Because i dont have anything else to do. I have put a few set of TMH on, IT IS NOT A BAD JOB!!! After the first set it goes good!! I have found 2 set on graigs list one for 300 close to BOB SHOP other $425 in FL. set on e-bay 475 and got lucky and...
  10. P

Aluminum Heads

I have talk to if few guy with vets that used them for over 4 years with no problems other wires for them would only last a week. Sorry for piss u off just try to help. I was layed up for some time with bypass did I lot of reading on this fourm sure lot of guys get pist off easy!!! Sounds like...
  11. P

Anyone run 0w20 Redline oil ?

Lube!!!!!! I have been working racing car for over 40 years I have raced a worked with some big time racers and engine builders.I have done dyno test with diff oil and add for hp. We are talking about a D D and I said just M O!!! No reson to be a a?? For the money and a D D ford, ford oil...
  12. P

Lube I have be. Working on cars for OVER 40 years and have work and raced with big time racers and engine builders done oil ckechs on dyno for HP I have used mobil 1 and many ofther brands. We are talking about a DD and I said J M O no reson to be a a?? For the money ford oil and filter are...
  13. P

I live north of u in mn I run ford oil 5w 20 in all my cars and trucks my 2000 f150 7700 5.4 has 243,000 runs great I boightit new 5 20 ford oil every 3000. Best oil I have ever used. Also used 5- 30 in my drag car 428 596 hp 590 tq on Line perfor ance dyno did over 600 pass one year no...
  14. P

Aluminum Heads

It looks like u need ceramic boot wires and some socks. It sure worked good for me. Wires look close to the headers in the photo
  15. P

Aluminum Heads

Would a spark plug wire sock work,
  16. P

u have to order coil boots and they dont have the at summit. http://www.kingsbornewires.com They are EDIS boots $16 for 10 and DT7B-HB Distributor Terminal $ 3.75 for 10 Hope this helps. The ceramic plug wire boots work great for me.;)
  17. P

Aluminum Heads

what about the Lobe Separation (degrees): 112 do u think it will work with the SD. I heard u need 114 or more? JMO
  18. P

97 mountaineer ecu pinout 5.0L

Dunne-Rite Performance u could buy a kit. there is a alot of sitsthat make wireing kits and take the pats out
  19. P

Aluminum Heads

:thumbsup: I am listening to YOU . Why Trick wedge heads What do u think of the AFR 165s with the 35-512-8 conp cam. I am getting a computer with the PATS taken out so i can make a setup to run on a engine dyno/ My old race buddy has a engine dyno and he foung 50hp on my 428 Just by tuning when...
  20. P

Aluminum Heads

Spdrcer34 What camshaft do you have. I am going to try a comp cam 35-512-8 in my 2000 MM D- driver
  21. P

Torque Monster Headers installed CODE PO300

I have 1000 miles on my TMH with ceramic boot PLUG wires good so far NO BURT Boot getting 1.1 mpg BETTER MPG, BUT still have the stock muffler. Just ordered a madnaflow 12278 muffler and 3inch tail pipe, This winter it is getting comp cam 35-512-8 cam Maybe heads or just flow my GT40Ps and a...
  22. P

Aluminum Heads

what heads are they looks like the spark plugs clear the tubes better then the GTP do
  23. P

For TMH with GT40P heads My ceramic boot plug wires are the way to go NO MORE BURT BOOTS { JMO }
  24. P

i used some with Allen Head they work good, next time i will mix and match with the 5/16 head and some allen head. Thanks for the info!!!
  25. P

Aluminum Heads

The bolt patternare are the same look up exhaust gaskets, I just bought some for my TMHs , just dif size ports BOLT holes are the same, there must be someone that have tried this.I am sure it is just the angle of the plugs and
Back