Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

North Carolina Area

will be out of the army in near future and was wondering how great is the greensboro / winston salem area to live in im lookin for some land and not so close to the neighbors dont want busy city area.
  2. I

1998 F-150 Headlights

just wondering if anyone has thought about converting there mounty headlights with a F150 or if it would even match up with minimum customizing the front end? i really want some projectors and these looked very close to the right size. Edit: nm there facing the wrong way
  3. I

mountaineer aftermarket grilles

Fifty150 is that for the whole bumper? or just the airdamn part and a bit pricy dylan.C.1021 ill get pictures where i bolted mine at in few days, its cold as hell out all week, and 1996explorerxlt i used a 95 ranger grille there a bit longer then the explorer grilles i believe. mounty71 i...
  4. I

yeah mine does have the [ shape on top but barelly noticable i got to finish sanding my grille down i just sanded where needed and threw some primer on untill winter so i can sand it all the way down and paint it. I like the bumper on your truck better then the mountys fifty150. where ya locate...
  5. I

The right wires and plugs

what is the best plugs and wires for our rigs i searched for a review write up but couldnt find anything engine is stock except CAI have 2000 merc AWD trying to gain some of my HP back and i hope the tune up helps
  6. I

you have to custom make one there is no inserts that i have seen if u look up at my first post i used a 95 and flipped it upside down, fit good with minor cutting 1996explorerxlt did his different so he may have a different way to do it. I say find a JY get a grille for cheap cut it up and...
  7. I

Street Scene Roll Pans

it will be bolted to the frame and ran to the pan the inner part of the pan is going to be inforced by steel bars running thru it once we get started ill get pictures of the progress and keep ya updated. right now only thing has been cut has been the ends of the frame where the bumper was and...
  8. I

Street Scene Roll Pans

my buddy is hand making me one if want maybe i can convince him to create a mold after mine is made he is making mine with sheet metal, bolt on to chassis its gonna take some time cause its the first for him. well mines a merc so not sure how much different the back end sides are.
  9. I

what color is your truck mine is like the dark blue almost a purplish tint, and i want my bumpers black like yours but not sure if it would match so well im about to do the rear one if its not rusted to bad and just have it black
  10. I

oh my bad didnt look at year of his
  11. I

i couldnt find one so i took a 95 Ford Ranger billet grille and made to fit was actually easy to do had to customize it by bolting to the top of the grille but there covered by top plastic when all back together
  12. I

2000 Explorer alarm stopped chirping

i got 2000 mounty same issue i have the theft light on dash blinking but no chirp or anything to let me know except when doors lock the horn beeps
  13. I

How to take off rear wiper and cowl

with the clip in red i took the metal piece off instead of the plastic clip it was fairly easy to take off and it made it even easier to put it back on
  14. I

Lighted running boards anyone got em?

my 2000 mounty doesnt have em
  15. I

Air Suspension (Stock)

ah thanks bunches i got to find some visual pics of the setup i have most the stuff to bag the front of a vehicle but it being AWD is a bit harder but has been done seeing that 4WD have ARC system trying to see how the front end is setup how is the ARC with the torsion bars? I am new to fords so...
  16. I

cd player HELP!!

they should all be color coded or close to the same colors
  17. I

Air Suspension (Stock)

i couldnt find a good topic on it i read that some have it and some dont i would like to have it in mine does anyone know where i can find a diagram/pics on how the setup is?
  18. I

How to: Headrest Screen Install

ok thanks i already got the 7" ill see what i can figure out and post if i get it to work and look good
  19. I

i know it can be done but i dont want to cut my seat up and it not end up fitting. may just have to cut some of the bars out and re run them dunno it is my daily so the more prepared i am the better. thanks for the quick responses
  20. I

i see some of the explorers have same style as the mounty's will this still be an issue on the mounty's? i tried to find a blowed up view of the seats but couldnt find any
  21. I

fairly cheap bodykits/wings

anyone? and if not where would a decent place be?
  22. I

fairly cheap bodykits/wings

hey has anyone heard of this site there stuff is cheap and have the wing for 2000 - 2001 mountaineers. first time seeing them but dont want to get screwed over http://www.edozone.com/ford/Ford_trucks_expedition_f150_explorer_ram_ranger_van_suv_body_kits_racing_style_sporty_bumpers.html
  23. I

High Flow Intake Question, Please Help

just build your own intake tube and buy a dry filter off the internet K&N is overrated anyways
  24. I

5.0 Exhaust Thread

ok ive read all of the posts and kinda figure out what i want tekman05 helped alot with my decision just want to know how much of a difference does a tip actually make and how to choose which one to use. and whats the difference with 2 in 1 out centered to offset? i dought i will afford the...
Back