Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

my explorer doesnt work cause the transfer doesnt work!!!

first of all... it sounds l;ike a t-case porb...sounds you would think coming from your tranny could be coming from your t-case and you probly have the 4405 GA.. its a rare t-case to find in good condition... im in the process of swaping my 97 4405 GA thats blown with a 99 4405CA.... the only...
  2. H

97 Explorer 4.0 SOHC transfer case issues

the only difference between the ca and the ga is the speed sensor... the ca lacks one because ford finnally got smart in 99 and made the ca 4405 w-out this sensor.. you problem souinds like the speed sensor which is located behind the rear flange hidden im in the same boat... my 97 4405 GA...
  3. H

Transfer case problem

when you find out how you fixed it yet me know.... same exact prob im in the process of straping a 99 t-case up hoping it will work...
  4. H

99 to 97 t case conversion

my t-case went out in my 97 expo... I bought a 99 t-case from a junk yard thinking it would bolt right up... haha guess what it lacks a speed sensor.. anyways my questions is can i unbolt the rear manifold with the speed sensor from my 97 t-case and bolt it up to the 99 t-case?? does this work...
  5. H

99 to 97 t-case speed sensor swap??

ok I have a 97 expo and my t case went out... I found a 99 t-case at the junk yard but it lacks the speed sensor at the top... I have heard that i can take off the rear manifold of my broken 97 t-case and bolt it to the 99 t-case to have the speed sensor.. is this true and is the speed sensor...
  6. H

Just Sum Pics Of The Beast

NICE NICE...thanks alot i had to post sum pics cause the beast actually looks like the black expo icon :exp: --haha 3 in bl and 3 in susp... the tires shown are 315 x 60 x 16 which is 35 x 12.5 in the 15 inch rim.. also have middle console tv with 1 diamond audio 12 ran from a pioneer...
  7. H

Just Sum Pics Of The Beast

SORRY NOT AN ELITE, BUT SOMETIME SOON :exp: :exp: :exp: :exp: :exp: http://members.cardomain.com/hardazz0004
  8. H

1998 Sport D-44 SAS Complete!!!

Well im not sure i might need both the t case and the shift motor.... when i took my old shift motor off i could only turn the t case a little bit manually... does that sound right or does that sound like my t case is locked up? can you give me prices for both? thanks alot
  9. H

how much u want for it? the good one that is...
  10. H

hey lizard ... do ya still got your old shift motor of the auto t case if so ill take it off your hands..... thanks
  11. H

t case prob please help!

i have a ? is it ok to engage my truck into 4wd, manually, with the swift motor off if i need to use it? will this even engage it into 4wd
  12. H

t case prob please help!

i will probably need that switch how much will u give it to me for
  13. H

t case prob please help!

dirty dog i should test the brown wire and if there is no power when switch is turned to 4x4 then it is my switch?
  14. H

t case prob please help!

so i should use a wire tester to see if any power is even sent to the shift motor from the switch? and if no power is being sent then it is my switch, right?
  15. H

t case prob please help!

alright your a Gee.. i ve been searching alnight and you just gave me the most and best info oh yea and a ?-- how do you have the front end raised on your 2nd gen? i need 6 inches up front to go with a soa in the back so my 35's have enough room to play
  16. H

t case prob please help!

alright simple enough thanks!! does the shift motor control the 4wd lights in the instruement cluster?
  17. H

t case prob please help!

RHbluex-Thanxs i will check the shift motor!! do you know of any write ups on removing the shift motor and cleaning it? when yours did the same thing did any of your 4wd drive lights work in your instrument cluster? x kid- no problem i was confused just tryin to ask a ? and got mixed up...
  18. H

t case prob please help!

It snowed here in texas and i found out one thing my t case is not working!!! my truck is a 97 explorer sport with the control trac 4wd heres whats wrong-- when i turn my 4wd switch into 4 hi or 4 lo nothing happens... no lights come on no engaging noise, nothing....to my knowledge if...
  19. H

http://www.texplorers.com?

hey as all you guys know it snowed here... the important thing about that is now i know my 4wd drive system is not working... ahhhh sh*t-- when I switch my 4wd drive switch to 4hi or 4 lo nothing happens no lights on instruement pannel come on.here comes another month of cut up hands and busted...
  20. H

expo underwater question!!!please help

yea you were right, lookingback, my fuse box was just above the water!!--god was looking down on me that day
  21. H

Comment by 'hardazz04' in media 'Side'

hey ya, i gots a twinkie just like yours but black,, i did notce one thing tho, your front end looks a hair higher then mine...Whats the setup up front?? thanks eric
  22. H

Yea actually it was my drivers side that was totally under....all my fuses under the hood and in the cab and also my instrument cluster was under!!! p.s. ive taken a look at your truck pics and they look good!! is all u have done to the 2nd gen sport?
  23. H

yea i got extremely lucky with my electrical system... I guess the fact that i let it sit for a week and let it fully dry out helped, but i am expecting some sort of electrical failure over time..
  24. H

yea thats for sure dre..i was really expecting alot more damage then what happend.. but one thing if you take care of it the right way and do the required steps before starting an engine and driving your chances increase of having a fine working engine... I was very lucky i mean how would that...
  25. H

yea the front diffy was a biotch, I did exactly what you said, but with the water in the front diffy it turn the gear oil into a thick sludge and would always clog the pump but after days of pumping and then cleaning the pump i finnally got all the sludge out... and thank god for the tranny...
Back