Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Rear Lift Gate (upper one) Plastic broke in half

Two posts above you has that part and the install how to. Seems most are happy with it, maybe need some wet sanding or polish to get rid of the hairline scratches from the packaging.
  2. B

Running board lights?

Sounds like the easiest way would be to tap into the puddle lights using a relay. Would it not be better to put the LEDs above the step rails instead of under? Seems like putting them underneath there is asking for them to not last very long.
  3. B

Rear Lift Gate (upper one) Plastic broke in half

Mine hasn't cracked, instead it came loose at the top. Most of the time it isn't noticeable until you lift the gate and it leaks water on you. Sometimes there is a very noticeable ~1/4" gap at the top in the middle of the applique. After reading about the rusting issues from others I may see if...
  4. B

New Idea For LED Signal Mirrors On Explorer

As soon as I read the title I had the same idea... Great minds and such. It looks really good, I'm glad you were the guinea pig so now I can just do it with (mostly) no worries. :thumbsup:
  5. B

Nook Color Tablet as Headunit

any more progress on this?
  6. B

How to Add an Auxiliary Fuse Box

Nice write up, waiting on pics.
  7. B

Some opinions would be great...

Okay, so I did finally find some of these but they are very expensive. $250/pair. I'm gonna look into fabbing up some of my own instead.
  8. B

Illuminated cup holders

Looks pretty good though I agree they're on the bright side. I thought about doing something similar but using EL around the bottom of the cupholder. That way it'd show up and look cool but it wouldn't be very bright.
  9. B

02 Mounaineer locks up while parking (when turning in reverse or forward)!!!!

I had a similar situation on my 2nd gen and it turned out to be an issue with the transfer case, pull the front drive shaft and see if it still does it. With the AWD you won't be able to leave it out but that should at least let you know it has to do with the transfer case and not the CVs or...
  10. B

Solution for faded Pillars

looks good :thumbsup:
  11. B

BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions

These spacers aren't shown on the BTF website. Are they no longer being made? Also, a price on the extended UCA? I hope I'm not too late to get some lift on my new(to me) 03.
  12. B

Xeek's '91

Would this work on a 98?:thumbsup:
  13. B

Cutting the back seat in half?

Yeah, I know how that is. Keep us updated though. :thumbsup:
  14. B

Cutting the back seat in half?

Nice! I'm sure it's further along now, where's the pics?
  15. B

Alternative Sound Deadening.

Haha, ok then.
  16. B

Are you aware of which cavities are the wrong ones?
  17. B

Like the rest of my truck I also sprayed it with the rubber undercoating. I've considered filling the cavities with foam but Idk if it'd be worth the time or money.
  18. B

I did, but I've got a sunroof so it's mostly in the back.
  19. B

Yeah, like I said a few posts ago, it made a big difference in my truck.
  20. B

Yeah, that's it.
  21. B

Metra BT harness DIY?

http://www.amazon.com/Parrot-MKi9200-Advanced-Bluetooth-Hands-Free/dp/B001IA3SZ0/ref=pd_sim_e_1 I'm considering getting this and doing away with a HU all together. I don't listen to FM radio and just want to be able to get in my truck and push play on my phone and go. For this unit I need...
  22. B

Edit: Sorry, browser error and double-posted.
  23. B

Hidden Sub Box in 03 Sport

That is a good show of workmanship! Any update?
  24. B

My stealth sub box

Give me a rough sketch with measurements and I'll draw it up for you. No problem. I've been wanting to do this for myself anyway and it'd just give me something to go off of.
Back