Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Exhaust recall question

Have any of you had your PIU at the dealer for the exhaust recall? Other than modifying the tailpipes, what else did they do? I scheduled mine to go in on January 2. I was also informed they wouldn't be giving me a loaner while the work is done. Nice right?
  2. A

Remote start wouldn't work, code P068A

This morning I tried using the remote start on my PIU. The truck would try to crank but it wouldn't turn over. When I went outside and used my key to start, the engine fired right up but the engine light came on. So I fired up Forscan and checked the codes and it was P068A. I researched it a...
  3. A

Trunk storage

Has anyone purchased or built storage drawers for the 'trunk' of their Interceptor? I've started looking for something and I'm looking for opinions on the setups that are available.
  4. A

My 2016 Interceptor

Better late than never! I bought my 2016 Interceptor Utility back in April and I finally have time to finish my write up about it. I ordered it in mid-January with an ETA of early April. Conrail managed to lose it once it was unloaded from the train in New Jersey but I finally got my hands on it...
  5. A

2016 radio issue

Tonight when I started my truck, my radio screen never lit up. My phone connected to bluetooth but the radio screen was dark and no music was playing. The first thing I did was check the fuses and they were all fine. I drove to where I had to go. Once I came back out and started the truck, the...
  6. A

Time to cancel?

In January I ordered an Explorer with an ETA of mid-April. It departed Chicago by train on April 3rd. The Explorer arrived at the Doremus Auto Ramp in Newark, NJ on April 7th and it has been sitting there ever since. The delivery window was from April 8th to the 13th. On April 14th I contacted...
  7. A

IDS Programming Question

Just out of curiosity, what would a dealership charge for IDS programming?
  8. A

Ordered tonight

I decided to treat myself to a late Christmas present. Tonight I ordered a 2016 Explorer with an estimated delivery timeline of 60-90 days.
  9. A

2011-15 vs '16 rear bumper

I'm looking into trading my 2010 for either a '15 or 16' Explorer. Are the rear bumper covers the same from 15 to 16? I haven't gotten a good look at them side by side. I plan on adding a trailer hitch and I've seen the hitch add on available. Thanks.
  10. A

Harmonic Balancer or Transmission?

A few days ago I noticed a high pitched squeal coming from what sounded like underneath my truck as I was going slowly uphill or starting from a complete stop. Once on flat ground or once I reach about 20mph the squeal goes away. This morning I changed the belt, tensioner, pulley, checked the...
  11. A

Door hinge replacement

For a while now the driver side rear door lower hinge has been making noise and binding up slightly. Now it is getting difficult for my 8 year old daughter to open and close the door. How hard is it to service or replace the door hinges? Is this something I can easily do? I've done a search here...
  12. A

DRL question

I've searched the forums I have come up empty handed. It is my understanding that for a fee, Ford will activate the Daytime Running Lights in my Ex. Can only the headlights be used or can I tell them I'd like to use the parking lights? Thanks!
  13. A

P1450

Last week my CEL came on while driving on the highway. Once I got home I checked to the code which came up as P1450. I've done a search but nothing came back for the 4th Gen Explorers. Has anyone had this issue and where should I start looking? If it helps, the truck has difficulty starting...
  14. A

Rear climate control bulb

Does anyone know what size the bulb is for the rear climate controls on the overhead console? Mine went out and I can't find a part number anywhere.
  15. A

Switchback LED's installed

Last week I ordered a pair of VLED's V3 Triton Switchback LED's. After a few problems I finally got them working properly this afternoon. My problems began with a bad turn signal socket. The replacement arrived this morning. The instructions called for using a 5 amp fuse to activate an internal...
  16. A

LED Switchback issue

Has anyone else purchased LED switchbacks for your front turn signals and had success? Yesterday I installed these VLED V3 Triton White/Amber Switchbacks. The driver side worked as intended. No hyperflash or anything. I installed the passenger side and the fuse for the parking lights blew. I...
  17. A

Low beams out

On my way to work last night, I turned my headlights on during a thunderstorm and realized they didn't come on. I pulled over and checked the fuses and they are fine. Once I got to work I tried my high beams and they came on. I switched back to the low beams and they also stayed on. When I left...
  18. A

How To: Replace instrument cluster bulbs

At some point, the bulbs in your instrument cluster will eventually burn out. Don't panic! Removing the instrument cluster is surprisingly easy and takes less than 10 minutes. What you'll need: Ratchet Extension 9/32" socket Flat head screwdriver New bulbs A beverage (dead links) Before you...
  19. A

Plasti-dipped my wheels

Yesterday I spent a few hours before work plasti-dipping my wheels. It was very easy to do. The "hardest" part was jacking the truck up and taking the wheels off. Step 1: Clean the wheels. Get all the brake dust, dirt, mud, blood, whatever is on your wheels off. Make sure the wheels are...
  20. A

LED lightbar for my grille guard

Last week, I replaced my KC Daylighters on my grille guard with a 21" 7200 lumen LED bar. The KC's had HID's in them but they had failed twice since I got them in 2011. So instead of replacing the HID's for a third time I just went ahead and replaced them altogether. The first thing I had to...
  21. A

Rancho Quicklift install problem

I finally got around to buying these things. So far I have the driver rear installed. That one was relatively easy once I got the stock strut out. Now I'm working on the passenger rear. This is where I'm having the problem. No matter how I line the top three bolts up, I cannot get the bottom to...
  22. A

New lights

This weekend, I changed out the lights on the rear of my roof basket. The pair that came with it when I got it appeared to have a yellow tint to them. So I picked up a pair of lights for $25. I definitely won't have any trouble seeing what is behind me. They also should take care of the...
  23. A

Found on Craigslist

I've been thinking about getting a roof basket for my Explorer for a while. The other day, my cousin sent me a text with a link to one on Craigslist for a decent price. It had Hella 500's mounted on the front of it. So after a couple emails back and forth with the guy, I'm now the proud owner of...
  24. A

2010 Explorer front end binding up

Tonight I had to get my 2010 Explorer towed because the left front tire kept binding up. A few times while it was binding up, the traction control light would come on but not every time. The binding would stop, I could here a clunk and the truck would roll free for a short time then bind up...
  25. A

2010 Explorer front end binding up

Tonight I had to get my 2010 Explorer towed because the left front tire kept binding up. A few times while it was binding up, the traction control light would come on but not every time. The binding would stop, I could here a clunk and the truck would roll free for a short time then bind up...
Back