Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

New member with truxxx alignment issue

I installed the truxxx kit on my 07 v8 xlt 4x4 and took it down to the local Kaufman tire shop. They performed the alignment and said it wasn't exactly perfect due to the lift but I can't remember where it was off. I've been driving it for over a year now with it and have had no issues or tire...
  2. G

Weird issue

Check the posting about overheating, sounds like your CHT sensor is going bad or your thermostat. I just had the same issue on mine 4.6L V8 and i replaced both parts and it seemed to have fixed the issue, although i only have about 100 miles on it so far. Btw if you run a diagonistic test on it...
  3. G

Overheating?

I have not, but me and a buddy just replaced my radiator and belt 2 days ago. So far I haven't seen any leaks and no overheating issues yet.
  4. G

Overheating?

I recently had that issue and I replaced the CHT sensor but I haven't had it overheat since (but its only been probably 100 miles). I am also working on replacing the radiator soon because I have a leak, apparently when Carmax replaced it they used a cheap one.
  5. G

What do you hate or love about owning an ST? Out of curiosity, fun post!

Love - The truck's size, bigger than a Ranger and smaller than a F-150. I've pulled trailers, stumps, other vehicles and the V8 4x4 never sweated. They're also rarer, so you don't see them very often, esp with lifts and larger tires! Hate (Hate is a strong word, more like dislike) - The truck...
  6. G

Misfire Issue

Watch out because Tech By Trade will list every single thing that has gone wrong with his truck...but no everybody has had the same issues. All trucks/cars have issues and especially if they bought a lemon. (You can read his signature and expect that kind of advice) There are a few things that...
  7. G

Front and rear turn signals suddenly stopped working

Good to hear you fixed it, I wonder if it was the led bulbs that were the initial problem?
  8. G

Programmer/Tuners

I reprogrammed my 2007 4.6 v8 4x4 with the Hypertech programmer and I could tell a better gas mileage and minor power boost. I was more worried about the mileage with the lift and larger tires, I could tell a difference with the rpms and gas mileage. I think it was worth it but some people say...
  9. G

Offical: Post your ST pics

Man that is looking good with those new tires!
  10. G

Grill Mod - opinions needed

You could always spray it will plast-dip, then if you don't like it just peel it off
  11. G

Show Off Your Lifted Sport Trac!!!

haha, did the V8 have any problems pulling it?
  12. G

noise rt front side of engine

sounds like the dreaded exhaust manifold leak, I have the 4.6 v8 but it did the same thing and made that noise at startup then went away once the engine warmed up
  13. G

Plasti dip wheels

Thanks Trac_Marks for posting up my pics... Blacksheep60, it was a PAIN to plasti-dip the parts on my truck that have edges (fender flares, bumpers, wheels). It was difficult because to create a clean edge I had to tape or paper off the parts I didn't want to spray, then when I sprayed the...
  14. G

Offical: Post your ST pics

I took my ST offroading into the mud once...and after I spent over 3 hours cleaning out the undercarriage I swore I would never get that deep in mud again, lol.
  15. G

Rancho Lift & Spacers

Nice, I'll look into that tonight. Sounds like a pretty simple fix...although it doesnt give me an excuse to the wife to buy the rancho stuff right now, haha. Thanks for the link
  16. G

Rancho Lift & Spacers

Now y'all have me interested in getting these once I need new shocks and struts! Is there a sign of when they begin to wear out? I have noticed lately that my front end makes a lot of "creaking" noise (like an old haunted house door opening - thats my best example, haha) whenever I go over...
  17. G

Does anyone know this guy? GT-500Ranger

Upset much? Sounds like you just got a lemon
  18. G

Does anyone know this guy? GT-500Ranger

On his profile it says - Last Activity: 05-07-2014 01:33 PM, so its been a while since he's been on here. You may be able to PM him and that might send him an email, atleast that's what my account does. Also, I wouldn't call these trucks junk, every vehicle has issues, go on any forum and...
  19. G

Just bought a 2007 ST8 - Cant use Warranty for 30?

Wow, def haven't heard of that issue before. I would be calling up and talking to the manager of the dealership if you are having major issues only a few days after buying it. Waiting 30 days will only cause the issues to become bigger.
  20. G

Center Console latch problem

Just wanted to let ya that this is a great post! I just fixed my 07 sport trac console the same way with the mcmaster-carr springs (http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/120/1240/=ultrhe) part # 9657K155
  21. G

grill chrome removal how-to, or how-NOT-to

...or plasti-dip the grille, might look good blacked out
  22. G

So I want to lift my daily driver

I commute in my truck everyday, about 45 miles and I love my lift kit. Biggest issue that people have is the upper control arm and upper ball joint failure, I've installed the BTF upper control arms on mine and haven't had an issue, I even nailed/ran over a deer on the right front wheel and it...
  23. G

Show Off Your Lifted Sport Trac!!!

Looking good! I like the bull bar, you should post up some pics from the front
  24. G

Showed off the ST power this weekend!

My neighbor decided he wanted to get rid of some stumps in his front yard this weekend. He wanted to save some money by digging it up himself so I while I was doing my own yard work I periodically checked up on him, and he was struggling. He finally got it dug out enough to try and pull it out...
Back