Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

rear window woes

somewhere in the background a guy just said"heres your sign" apparently during the reset procedures ive done the wiindow was set to up is open. because i took a close look at the reset and realized that the procedure MUST be started with the window in the down/ open position. once i did...
  2. P

rear window woes

so today i checked all the fuses, all were good. every fuse in the truck is good in fact. under the hood is a relay "window saftey relay" i tried a brand new one, no change. All the connections for anything under the right kick panel are good as well. still window working during reset but...
  3. P

Question on a possible new truck?

not if you swap one in ! its done alot here, im sure there are a few threads. but yeah, out the door only on second gen
  4. P

Question on a possible new truck?

basicly a sport trac is a explorer with about 4 extra feet of frame. the drive trains and engines are damn near if not exact matches to explorers of the same years. As such they all have that odd leak between the tranny and engine. mine has a small leak i cant seem to beat on the...
  5. P

Idle question

spark plugs, wires, fuel filter beyond that the most common gremlin is a vaccum leak all are easy cheap fixes and should be done ever so often anyways. i know the manual says plugs every 100k, but really im old school 25-50 would be alot. if at 25 they still look good i just give em a...
  6. P

How to: My 1995 Ford Explorer Power Window Motor fix

awesome! if you cant get that to work, you could always try this...LOL http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii200/Pheonixx/?action=view&current=Power_Windows.mp4
  7. P

rear window woes

im saying that after the reset the switch is useless, it has no function whatsoever. and no, i didnt check fuses, if it worked during reset why wouldnt it work any other time? i guess ill go check those. the regulator cable housing , i assume in located in the back behind the seats right? if...
  8. P

A legend is gone...

Caroll Shelby Died today... Give your engines an extra rev or two today. Gonna miss you Caroll
  9. P

own a sport trac in New york ? read on...

just some info for all the wanna be tinted windows, yes i know mine dont match the rear window and on a ZINC YELLOW pioneer edition it drives me nutty having awesome back windows and crappy front ones. so i know a couple cops, having almost been one myself, damn back injury ruining my...
  10. P

Best front Brake Pads?

ok heres my 2 cents. midas, monroe and many of the commercialized brake shops offer lifetime pads. they are like 80$ and i dont know the specifics of the warranty but stopping a trailer is still stopping in my opinion, albeit a little more painful on the pads. also, if you are towing...
  11. P

rear window woes

i just poked my head in under that kick panel, all of the grounds look pretty clean and corrosion free. couldnt get but a 1/4 turn on the bolts. didnt fix the issue.
  12. P

rear window woes

thanks, i will take a look, but how would a bad ground make it not work outside of doing the reset procedure? it works pretty much normal during the reset then bang, nothing.
  13. P

rear window woes

SO my rear wondow, is pretty much possesed or worse. ive dont the reset 10 times, really, im not kidding. one of those times was me paying the guy at for dealer 20 bucks to do it when he got off work. the problem? the reset goes off without a hitch, if anything the window could go...
  14. P

Which grille guard/push bar should i buy??? !!NEED OPINIONS!!

ive had #1 on most of my trucks, F150, explorer(94), and ranger. my ST is the only truck i think would look right with #2 installed. the full brushguard is nice, but i would easily say a bull bar (#2) will look nice on a st.
  15. P

Found this on another site I frequent, neat or not??

i paid 10,900 for a 2002 pioneer edition 4x4 with 78k and i live in buffalo, ny so 10, 995 for that is not bad
  16. P

What to do with the grey trim?

i did mine black with krylon fusion flat and a semi flat clear
  17. P

Truck stalls at low RPM, bogs down when gas applied

another gremlin for this type of behavior is the mass air flow sensor. just spraying the sensor with a couple shots of electric parts cleaner(DO NOT USE CARB CLEANER!!!!!) usually does the trick. careful though its about as fragile as a light bulb so hold the can like a foot away when you...
  18. P

adding a sunroof

what does something like this cost ?
  19. P

my rear window has been attacked by gremlins...

thanks for the info, i may be getting into this this weekend. depends on time and money. im likely going to take everything apart and spray some white lithium grease on everything that has a moving part and see where that gets me. if the cables are toast ill have to bite the bullet. but im...
  20. P

Tire Pressure

i run what it says on the side of the tire...you cant go wrong with that. if it says 35 run 35, if it says 50 run 50. Unless of course your in sand, crawling rocks or sloppy mud, then adjust accordingly.
  21. P

i actually printed out the initialization and followed it, exactly, about 4 times. thats how i got the window as high as i did, well that and a little "oomph" from the wife. im fairly certain its the motor, but ill be dammed if this didn't happen the day i got it back from the dealer. It...
  22. P

well the dealer ship gave me the run around and will now NOT be covering this. i'll be picking up the tab. would a used motor be a wise idea here? i may run into the same issue day after i install it or never. what all is involved in removing the motor? i was back there this morning...
Back