Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Free: Gen II Explorer Haynes Manual

Free to a good home. Pay shipping an the '95-2001 Explorer Haynes Manual is yours. Been lovingly used by myself over the years.
  2. H

Rollover Black Bear Pass: Please Buckle Up!

Did I post this in the wrong spot?
  3. H

Rollover Black Bear Pass: Please Buckle Up!

I met many EF members during the two Ouray, CO CCR's that I attended (2007 & 2008), so I wanted to pass this along in hopes that no one here ever gets into this situation: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/09/01/none-injured-in-rollover-on-mountain-pass/ It was the Jeep in front of me. I was...
  4. H

Hokie's looking for a Ford DD/light tow rig

Ok. I'm confused again. The 3V came out in 2006, but this thread people are saying get an '09-10? Issue 1: head cooling Pre 06? Issue 2: Manifold/plugs... Pre 08?
  5. H

I'm still confused. Is the head cooling issue for the 2V or 3V 4.6L? EDIT: Yikes, more searching definitely says 09-10 is the way to go
  6. H

Point taken :thumbsup: Passin' on the '06...
  7. H

Found an '06 4.6 3V XLT fully loaded (leather, sunroof, etc.) with 37k on it... Y'all still have me gun shy of a 4.6L older than 08 :-/
  8. H

I need (prefer) an SUV as a DD for all of the other fun stuff I do around Denver and Colorado. But don't really wanna mess with a FS SUV (Tahoe, Expedition, etc.) as a DD. Have considered an F150/Silverado/Tundra/Titan, but don't really need the pickup bed and get more utility out of an SUV...
  9. H

Well shoot. Guess I'll start looking for a 2008+. That really puts the Explorer prices in par with the Nissan Pathfinders with the monster, 5.6L V8 out of the Nissan Titan. Which has better HP/TQ numbers than the 4.6L and comparable MPG's.
  10. H

7300lb to capacity. 4000lb (MAX) Jeep. Flat tow/No trailer. Seems well within the limits to me. Ill run a brake buddy so the Jeep will have brakes as well.
  11. H

I thought they fixed the 4.6 problem before 2006? Obviously I have more research to do! MSN shows green reliability after the early spark plug issue: http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/default.aspx?ICID=HPFAC&make=Ford&model=Explorer&expmdl=efac JT. The bed is actually too small :-/ I think...
  12. H

Hey guys, Long time no talk. Many apologies for my absence on this board. Y'all were darn near family to me while in college and grad school and since then I've fallen off the map. Well, the good news is: I'm in the market for a new SUV and I've got my sights set on a 2006+ (4th Gen?)...
  13. H

Colorado Colors Run 2013 - Planning and Discussion

Dag nabbit... just caught wind of this thread (since I've been absent on the board for almost 2 years... ) We head out around 1PM on Friday 8/30, heading to Ouray area. Will be meeting friends from Phoenix and will be camping and running the normal trails. We'll be passing through...
  14. H

Hokie's coming home!

Funny part is, I'm already asking that question! I was just teasin' JT last night on Facebook. God I hope so. This could be awesome!
  15. H

Hokie's coming home!

Marshall, I completely missed this post. No clue if you're still at WFT but I keep meaning to say hi when I'm down visiting Rob. Everytime I'm at the WFT shop it seems y'all are at lunch. Anyway, I hope to make it down in the next 3 weeks.
  16. H

Lighting tip: John Deere HIR bulbs

I am very impressed with the 3M kit. I took my time and used up every last bit of grit on the 500 & 800 sanding pads and then smoothed and polished several times. They say it can be done in 30 min, but I probably spent at least an hour on each head light. Reading more, it looks like I need to...
  17. H

Lighting tip: John Deere HIR bulbs

Diggin' up an old thread here... I actually found this thread while Googling for information on lighting upgrades for my '04 Jeep Grand Cherokee. (Well, re-found... I remember when Nate first started it years ago, but my '99 Explorer and '98 Mounty had 9007's and didn't offer me the ability...
  18. H

nssj2's SAS 5.0 Build

Holy crap, you cut out your front axle... lol :thumbsup:
  19. H

Hokie's coming home!

That's right... I'm baaaaack ;-) Yeup... My office will be in Henderson
  20. H

Hokie's coming home!

Hey Guys! Its been a very tough 2 years since I left Colorado, but I'm finally headed back! Global Warming finally happened and Cummins 'un-froze' the hiring freeze in Denver. Still don't drive a Ford (or Mercury), but I'm already pricing used Rangers on Craigstlist. Anyway, sorry I've...
  21. H

FINALLY!!!! No more friggin' Subaru Outback!

Already been researching lift/tires... my dad's Murano has 1" taller tires than my GC for crying out loud! :rolleyes: When these tires wear out I'll probably go with a 2.5-3" lift and 255/70R17's (31.1x10 tire) Once I move back to CO I'll eventually work my way up to a 4.5" lift (maybe...
  22. H

Working as an Application Engineer for Cummins in Houston, TX. I'll be here until the economy decides to quit sucking (or I say screw a career and move back to CO to be a ski-bum)
  23. H

Hey guys, I apologize for the considerable absence from this forum. I haven't forgotten y'all, I've just gone through a tremendous amount of crap in my life in the last 9-12 months... :dunno: Anyway, I FINALLY got rid of the freaking Les-baru Outback, that I've been driving for going on 2...
  24. H

What has happened to all the CO area people?

I'm in Houston now :( Economy struck at a bad time
  25. H

'01-'05 ST or '01-'04 Ranger?

Ha! Trust me, I've thought about it... That'd be a PITA to park in downtown Charleston, SC
Back